Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hard / soft headrests wanted

jjad

Enthusiast
Hello!

I guess this is going to be a very long shot, but I thought I'd give it a go before paying loads at a Renault dealer, if they can get them...

I'm looking for either:

1 'hard' headrest (as have only one currently). These are plastic and have a hole in the middle:

hard_headrest2a.jpeg

OR:

2 'soft' headrests (preferably in the blue/green/red colour scheme). These are padded and covered in material: (this picture is from an R4 which was on eBay)

soft_headrests2.jpeg

Thanks for any advice!

HELP! Got headrests, but 'legs' wrong diameter

Update:

I have got hold of some (supposedly) R4 headrests (I'm not 100% sure they are R4 as although they look right, they are leather!), BUT, the 'legs' which go into the seats are not the same diameter as my old headrest.

(Old headrest on left - I've only got one of these; new one on right)

The old headrest has leg circumference of about 38mm (diameter = 12mm), while the new headrest leg circumference is about 52mm (diameter is about 17mm).

There is an 'adaptor' or socket into which the legs of the headrest go (4th photo) and these are the correct size for the 12mm legs. Removing the adaptor leaves a hole in the seat which is too big for the 17mm headrest legs (3rd pic).

What I am wondering is if Renault made a different size 'adaptor' for the 17mm headrest legs?

Or are the seats completely different for 4's with these headrests?

Or, whether these new headrests are not R4??

Perhaps someone with R4 headrests would be kind enough to take some measurements for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• compare.jpeg
    compare.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 136
  • pins.jpeg
    pins.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 134
  • sockets.jpeg
    sockets.jpeg
    34.2 KB · Views: 135
  • adaptor.jpeg
    adaptor.jpeg
    15.2 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Problem solved!

Thanks to John Doe, I now have a second 'hard' headrest to match the original one in the car. It seems that only Slovenian R4s had these headrests.

So, I am now trying to sell the two 'soft' brown headrests which I bought but which don't fit my R4. I can't be sure that they are R4 headrests; all I know is that they don't fit my Slovenian R4. I have made some measurements of them:

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=16373#post16373

Thanks.

Back