Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Has anyone bought a replacement floor panel from these people?

No but I am planning to it looks good so much better than odd bits of tin welded in.I am just replacing the floors on my 2cv with original parts after some one has done the same in the past plus welded the seat runners to the floor .I have put the 68 R4 on a back burner cos I could not resist the citroen but I will be replacing the floor bacause when you roll back the floor mats you have just got to see an unmolested floor as on my 67 R4 all the very best with your Mildred.AL

Isnt that panel designed to be welded over whats there rather than a nice replacement?

Hi Al. Good luck with the 2CV. Would be nice to see some pics of her :)

I really hope this is a genuine replacement panel, not something that lays over the top. The pressings look the same, except on the front right toe board section... I will email them and ask.

Thanks

Chris

Yes,this panel is design to lay inside the floor pan ,but it is substantial metal.
I had one because it does not have the pressing in the passenger side which is correct for the early models,but i did modify it to weld underneath.
You can buy it cheaper in France ,but i would suggest you buy the whole new floor pan from Melun Retro ,it looks very good and is only 150 euro

I put one of those in my '63 R4 Lucy last year. I cut out the old floor along the edge of the flange of the side rails and the centre rail. The repair panel then sat very neatly on top of the flange. The replacement panel has a lip around those sides. I welded the edge of the tip to the chassis side rails and also underneath along the edge of the flange. A very strong result. The front was trimmed to overlap and the pressings fitted exactly. I couldn't have been happier with the result.

I put one of those in my '63 R4 Lucy last year. I cut out the old floor along the edge of the flange of the side rails and the centre rail. The repair panel then sat very neatly on top of the flange. The replacement panel has a lip around those sides. I welded the edge of the tip to the chassis side rails and also underneath along the edge of the flange. A very strong result. The front was trimmed to overlap and the pressings fitted exactly. I couldn't have been happier with the result.
Hi i have just bought the whole front floor panel,and cannot fit it in from the top as the pedals, and seat flanges ,that you bolt the sests to are sticking out the cross member!! Do i somehow put it in from underneath? Thanks

Hi. I have just bought from Franzose a front floor panel, with some of the riser as well. It was a nice clean panel with a small return on the edges. Packaged very well, less than the £135 max value for customs. It has been welded in, fitted perfectly, and I would happily recommend them. One good thing is you can call them and talk to them, in English, and they are very helpful.

Hi. I have just bought from Franzose a front floor panel, with some of the riser as well. It was a nice clean panel with a small return on the edges. Packaged very well, less than the £135 max value for customs. It has been welded in, fitted perfectly, and I would happily recommend them. One good thing is you can call them and talk to them, in English, and they are very helpful.
Edwin. Good to hear your floor pan from Franzoise was a success! I thought I had a small hole in the floor but decided to clean the whole floor off with the result I now have dozens of small holes all over the place and a new floor pan seems to be the answer. This is part of a larger project which started with a person hitting the car last June and is an on going saga. I was pondering over the centre rail and according to Geoff in the Gully he cut the old floor out either side of the centre flange then welded the new floor to it. Do you know if this what your welder did?

IMG_2700.JPG IMG_2696.JPG

Hi P&P. The floor pan is available in one piece or front and back or in various smaller pieces, each to deal with a specific repair.
I bought mine from Franzose in Germany. Their catalogue shows all these various parts, and once you know what you are after you will see that other companies offer similar and you can compare prices etc. I bought the complete front panel, stretches from inside chassis door to door, across the car, and from the cross member forward to the crease in the floor for the foot board.. I let the welder work out how he cut the floor out, but mine left a 20mm edge projecting all round which he cleaned off and then welded to Did a good and neat job. Its welded inside and out.

The holes I had were in the front foot well on both sides, rusting from inside out. As you said, not apparent until you start a spring clean of the car floor. I only really noticed the extent when I went to the car at night to collect something and noticed the torch light shining up through the floor.

Looks like a nice car. Mine looks similar, light dash, mine has hammock seats, 1972 1126 with 782cc motor. Having trouble finding time to get mine done.

Isnt that panel designed to be welded over whats there rather than a nice replacement?
Repair panels are never intended to be welded over each other, we call it the lazy repair or bodge fix. You enclose the rust and the rust effect between the layers continues happily.
Simply cut away the damaged part and weld in the new steel.

Back