Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Headlamp help - MOT fail

Jimthevan

Enthusiast
Hi people - got an issue with my headlamps that fail the MOT and not sure what to do.

The beam pattern is incorrect on the nearside - shining into the road instead of to the left - as if the lamp is for a left hand drive car

But looking at the lamps they look identical and no indication of left of right fixture on the glass - anyone have any ideas? me and MOT man are stumped:dontknow:
2019-07-15 15.52.15.jpg2019-07-15 15.52.22.jpg

think I may have solved it myself after reading the tech guide on converting headlamps - there is a little plastic slider on the inside where the bulb sits in its slot - which alters the beam pattern - in future i'll read first post later :doh:

Yes, I was about to suggest that! The headlight glass has a symmetrical design, so the beam adjustment is done by sliding a small clip to the left or right and this moves the beam. Dafs used the same system and although it takes a bit of getting used to, it's useful when driving on the continent-no need to faff about with adhesive patches to stick on the lenses!

Yes I think you are onto it. Just check the bulb is properly bedded into the reflector when you have made the alteration or they will remain squiffy :drunk:

Back