Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Headlamp needed!

the_harrison

Enthusiast
Hi, sorry this is a R5 request. I have failed the MOT on a chipped offside headlamp, so really need to find a replacement one asap! It's for a mk1 (1981) R5, tungsten bulb. If anyone can help I would be really grateful. Tom

Would you believe that I sold a new pair of these on ebay 3 months ago!!!!??? They are quite rare second-hand, but I believe that you can still buy the tungsten ones from Renault. Try your local dealer or contact Whitehouse Renault.

I have a quartz headlight (what is the difference with tungsten?) but dont know which side it is its free , just postage but how do I tell if its L or R??

I have seen a picture of an R5 and it looks like the outside of the lamp is vertical with a slope on the inside/bonnet side. if so I have a RH lamp for you

Hi Bantamallan, thanks for your reply and your offer of a headlamp. Im afraid I have managed to find one elsewhere, it cost me £35 though! Sorry for not posting to let you know. From the sounds of things they are getting increasingly rare, so you might make a few quid on ebay with it :). Regards, Tom

Back