matt managed to get a brand new complete exhaust system from Renault
no problems
fitted MK2 R5 ducellier distributor
no problems
new speedo cable from renault
no problems
new headlamp
no problems
feeling keen i volunteered to fit a secondhand matrix matt had got from french scrap yard as had dash dismantled to fit s/cable
now all in bits in my workshop i have discovered that it is different

it says 1981 on the replacement and the mounting plate is metal and different to 1985 plastic type

assumming they changed design in 82/83 now what ?
has anybody got one as my initial phone calls have had no results (will try lifestyle Renault later on though but stock from france is not that quick arriving )

i have located a brand new one of the wrong type so may have to persuade it fit as looks similar if i fabricate a bracket maybe

I think it is a year thing rather than a car/van thing. The change over from metal to plastic would have been around 1981 with the 850 to 1100 change (in the UK).

Lots of detail changes in the heater - they completely redesigned the whole thing. Here's the old metal one:

metal.jpg

And the new plastic one:

plastic.jpg

Which bits do you need? Just a heater matrix? Might have a couple, but couldn't vouch for their condition (and going to Scotland on Saturday so wouldn't be speedy)

thanks for the pics malcolm ,all is now revealed
never had a leaking problem before, only ever took one out and that was in my yellow peril when i removed centre of bulkhead and heater !!! about 20 yrs ago to get 16tx engine in (not much use with no roof any way)

been rummaging in the famous barn today with no luck
will ring round and see whats available from renault on friday

as i now own simons fire damaged F6 i may take the one out of that as a last resort

thanks again paul

ps do you have a stock of R4 pics or did you take those ones specially ?

I've just bought a new camera so I'm taking any opportunity to take photos. :D It's taking some getting used to, though haven't tried it in daylight yet.

Back