Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello everybody =)

I'm liking the last picture very much, hic!:drunk:and the scenery and cars too of course.

Thanks dad, for both the photos and the effort of writing in English

clem and the mountains of Trentino and a photo of the last miting in trento (the next one will be on 25 and 26 March someone wants to come?)

I'm going back by plane, if anybody wants to join... just let me know! The company is going to be great, I promise! (...and wine and food too...)

Uh-you seem a little off the autostrada on that pic -Hope you found back to it on the map.... -Reid.
Reid, we do never take the autostrada! We love adventure and avoid both gps devices and motorways, even when we join meetings 1000km away from home Map and compass are our tools...
By the way, we are champions in the "get lost" game

Welcome aboard Giulia!
I can say she is a real enthusiast!
I'm just wondering, when are you bringing your Clem in Kent?
Maybe your father can take it across Europe and come back home on a plane :P

this is my new car (after it giulia stole my clem, I had to buy another) last April while traveling to Sicily

Giulietto

I met Giulia this morning and she is fine in our cold and damp British weather. I say 'she' as I expected to find a young Italian man but instead a 23yr old Italian nurse. She's a lovely girl and we chatted for quite some time during which I even tried an Italian coffee. We chatted about all things Renault 4 as well as how English pizzas are all wrong, our national dish of Spaghetti Bolognese is all wrong and how sharing a tiny home with other student nurses is all wrong. She's a lovely bubbly girl who we shall invite back one Sunday to try our Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, which might come as a shock. I am inept at putting images anywhere as I took one or her against my red R4 so I may 'message her' the image and she can add it herself. Ciao, Paul.

Giulia can legally be imported into England his car (which, however, is registered in my name)? which is the law governing the temporary importation of vehicles in the UK?

I would need to check up on this as the last piece of advice I have was incorrect, and I have been retired from the Police for fifteen years so will be out of date. Once upon a time you could bring a foreign vehicle into the U.K. And as long as it is insured, drive it for twelve months before it had to be re-registered and UK licence plates were required. But let me check.

I think the legislation is still the same Paul remembers.
Last year, when I tried to take mine in Wales for the three month i worked there, those were the rules.

It is not as black & white as that. I had a brief look at the DVLA website this morning before rushing out for house viewing - we are selling ours - and it appears to be SIX MONTHS in most cases except where the owner of the car is a student or being employed, when it may be extended longer. Giulia is working here as a nurse in training (although qualified in her native Italy) to gain further experience in English hospitals so seems to fit the bill here. I'll dig out the article and post the link here.

Giulietto

I met Giulia this morning and she is fine in our cold and damp British weather. I say 'she' as I expected to find a young Italian man but instead a 23yr old Italian nurse. She's a lovely girl and we chatted for quite some time during which I even tried an Italian coffee. We chatted about all things Renault 4 as well as how English pizzas are all wrong, our national dish of Spaghetti Bolognese is all wrong and how sharing a tiny home with other student nurses is all wrong. She's a lovely bubbly girl who we shall invite back one Sunday to try our Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding, which might come as a shock. I am inept at putting images anywhere as I took one or her against my red R4 so I may 'message her' the image and she can add it herself. Ciao, Paul.
Thank you so much Paul, it was my pleasure to meet you :) and I think you have been to kind in your post!
I would love to be shocked by British Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding and it is sure that I never tried them, so I won't be able to say that they're all wrong some of my colleagues at the hospital will make me taste some rice pudding (frogspawn to friends) as well as a jelly souce with a name I didn't get
Thank you again for your time, the chats and the advice about the micropub!
See you soon

Ps: I would really like to have that photo!

Later - 1. www.gov.uk
2. "Importing vehicles into the UK"
3. "Temporary Imports"
4. Telephone the Import/Export Helpline and speak to a human being on 0300-200-3700.

I don't want to change Clem's license plates anyway, at the moment I really wouldn't know where to park and keep her... so I don't think is going to be urgent I could start looking for a "left handed" quatrelle to be called " la cianca" (left handed in my italian dialect)...

I think the legislation is still the same Paul remembers.
Last year, when I tried to take mine in Wales for the three month i worked there, those were the rules.
Leo!!! We are waiting for you on the 30th of April in Kent! Please, I need a lift...

Back