Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from Germany

André

Hi,

my name is André and I live in Kiel in the north of Germany. I used to drive R4s a couple of years ago. I loved it. Back then the rather strict German "controlle technique" and lack of money ended my love affair.

This summer though I couldn´t resist a R4 F4 from french fire fighters I discovered on ebay. She was importet and restauration is about to start now. Love the colour, love the blue lights and hope that next summer I will be able to drive around in my R4.

Greetings to all,

André

PS: a couple of pics

• Scannen0001.jpg
    Scannen0001.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 108
  • Scannen0004.jpg
    Scannen0004.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Scannen0011.jpg
    Scannen0011.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 109
Hello André,
I'm delighted to meet the new owner of another red F4 van. Isn't she wonderful. :D We recently bought ours on eBay too.

We're very jealous of the blue light although our van, Claude, has a siren. What work does she need? She looks immaculate.

Mattt wants to know if F4 vans usually have back seats. Does yours? What year is she?

• redR4.jpg
    redR4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 111
Hello Bluebell,
Nice car. Love the old front grill.

My F4 has no back seats. As it was used by fire fighters there are a couple of wooden compartments in the back.

She was born in 1985 and lucky to park inside the fire station all her life unless storming the streets to bring fire fighters to blazing fires. :D

You are right. She is in pretty good shape but we will have to deal with the inner rear suspension, a small hole underneath the driver´s seat, the brakes and a little bit of rust on top of the right front wing. We also need new seats and a 2nd blue light for the back would be great. The engine runs fine. I´m not sure if we will do a whole lot to all the bumps and dents since I like to keep the patina.

Cheers,André

P.S.:
@Matt
As far as I know there are F4s with back seats!

Back