Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from North Devon

arthur

Enthusiast
Hi Im Adam, I guess that I should of introduced myself before posting else where, but Iv got carried away with R4 fever.

Im 23 (nearly 24, 8 more days to go) and after finishing my A-levels I became a electronic engineering apprentice which I completed last year. I fancied a change though and Im now about to start my second year at university studying conservation biology and ecology.

Im about to take control of my friends old 1979 F6. Iv been working on it for a few days now, and its probably going to take most of the summer to get it back on the road. Not because of excessive problems, but I just dont have as much free time as I would like. Iv been reading through this forum for weeks in anticipation of getting my hands on the Van and I must say that this is surely the best car forum Iv ever been on. Everybody seems really helpful and knowledgeable. I hope that I can bring some help here to, in return for what I have already learnt.

The Van has been sitting in my friends field for about a year and a half now and wouldnt start when we tried last week. Today I got the engine fired up after striping down the ignition system and cleaning it all. Next job is the brakes, the rear near side brake hose is damaged and there is no brake fluid left in the master cylinder reservoir.

Are there any other members in the South West of england?

Hi Adam,

welcome to the Renault 4 Forum, im in Penzance.

were in North Devon are you...

Andrew

Im in a village called West Down about 3 miles from Woolacombe. But Im a student at Falmouth university so wouldnt be that far from you normally. Just home for the summer to earn a little money.

You lucky guy! I was born & bred in north Devon (Barnstaple and Bideford respectively) and lived there until I was 22 (well, I left for uni when I was 19!) My Dad loved Renaults and had a Renault 4 van in the early 1960s; SO impressed was he that he bought a 4l car for our family. I still have happy memories of the car lurching round corners. Dad says he could still get to work in the "great freeze" of 1963 in the Renault-front wheel drive and high ground clearance I suppose! Know West Down well-used to work in Ilfracombe and once bought a Daf 33 from Woolacombe!

Nice part of the country. I was a mature student in Plymouth and was placed for 14 weeks at the North Devon District Hospital. I stayed in a lovely little Hamlet not far from Bideford called Buckland Brewer.

Back