Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hello from Scotland

Ken Watt

Enthusiast
Hi all, just got my first R4 and will no doubt be trawling this sight for useful info.
He's a '91 Savane with around 150kms on the clock, left hooker and running lovely.
I have a VW T4 too so I just needed another project to spend my precious time on....:whistle:
Can anyone tell me if there are any steering wheels compatible, ie there's a traffic on fleabay but it looks a bit big...
Cheers all

Welcome :hug:

Have a search on this forum for steering wheel, I'm sure it's come up before.

Do you have any photos of your R4?

"He"? Interesting. Most owners have female R4s, but mine feels rather male as well.

Maybe it's the manner in which it is driven. ;)

He was named by the previous owner and, like boats, I don't think his name should be changed :laughing:
Already found a heater knob thanks to this site, unless there's a way of repairing the plastic? But for 5.40 hardly seems worth it..
Pictures to follow....

Hello Ken. Welcome from the other side of the Firth of Forth. One of my sons lives in Kinghorn so it would be good to meet up. My R4 is just returning to active life after about 12 years in limbo.

Gordon

Hi Gordon
My 4 has the luxury of living under a blanket in a barn abroad during the winter, so he's unlikely to tread these shores anytime soon...:artist:

Back