Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

help with tyres and wheel balancing

722stu

Enthusiast
I have a 1967 R4, running just fine but it's time to change the tyres.

It's currently on 135/80R13 Michelins - they've been superb but I cannot seem to find these anywhere now. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? I'd prefer to keep to 135s rather than 145s but it does seem to limit me in the quality tyre bracket.

The rims have solid centres: my last attempt to get these balanced was a nightmare because most machines rely on a spindle through the centre. Does anybody have any ideas in the SW London Area?

Stuart.

Tyres

Hello

if you can get them try continental 155, ibought 4 in france and the ride was realy improved.:smile:

I have a 1967 R4, running just fine but it's time to change the tyres.

It's currently on 135/80R13 Michelins - they've been superb but I cannot seem to find these anywhere now. Does anyone have any suggestions for an alternative? I'd prefer to keep to 135s rather than 145s but it does seem to limit me in the quality tyre bracket.

The rims have solid centres: my last attempt to get these balanced was a nightmare because most machines rely on a spindle through the centre. Does anybody have any ideas in the SW London Area?

Stuart.

Hi there, the garage I go to for tyres specialize in Vredestin, these are excellent and they do 135/80/13, known as "Sprint". Most good tyre balancing workshops should have the means to convert their machine to balance your wheels. Brian.:cool:

wheels Brian.

Thanks for all helpfull comments. After making an afternoon of phone calls and web-searching, it turns out that Kwik Fit can supply 135/80/R13 Michelins... and they claim they can balance. Ordered and booked - I'll report back.

Stuart.

Hmm... an error on the KwikFit website allowed me to order MIchelin's that do not exist. 135/80/R13 Firestones fitted instead. So far good - glad I fitted before the snow arrived!

Stuart.

sounds like kwik fit all over...how much did you pay for the firestones if you dont mind me asking

Back