Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Help

Arch Unit

Enthusiast
Yo
I'm working on my dad's long dead renault 4 but after posting some pictures of the car, there was some concern from other members that the body might be shagged see herewww.doomcorp.net/renault is there any member of the forum who live near Buckingham in Buckinghamshire? that could spare the time to take a good look at it and tell me how bad it is.

P.S. I hope its not to bad because i don't really have the time or space to strip the car down.

looking

how far away is that from high wycombe
im over there once in a while visiting family

after looking for a project im about 1/3 of the way through mine

only thing everyone said to look for was rusty rear chassis rails

i looked at your pics but theres none of the underneath

only thing expensive on mine was the headlights so far,so i bought some of ebay france s/hand and a new one

the bumpers i havent been able to source yet either

I'm probably the closest. Could do you a swap - I could pop down for a look if in return you post photos of the restoration on the forum as it goes along.:D

Shall send you a private message.

From someone who has stripped 3 and rebuilt 2:roll: if you choose to continue with it you have on hell of a job? only from the photos you can see how bad it is by the fact its rotten in all the normal places and then some but more importantly there are no floor or chassis photos, most panels are available but the chassis is not so easy to get right especially around the "longerons" the arms that hold the engine etc
You mentioned you didnt have a lot of space to strip but that is half your battle even to repair it you are going to need space Nothing is impossible if you are willing to spend the time and money
I did this to this but it took 5years about 8grand and lots of bruises
1f49f440.jpg

s_type_jaguar.htm

1dd021f0.jpg

We in France say
BON COURAGE in times like this:roll:

Back