Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

High level brake light on a HRW

Tomcat

Enthusiast
I have had heated rear windows fitted to both my F4's today.
These are genuine Renault NOS units.

My question is I plan to have high level brake lights again but wonder whether I can use the sticky direct to glass type.
Will heat from the HRW cause any problems?

Comments, opinions etc., very welcome.

It's not been a problem on our car. The brake light 'sticky pads' are not very close to the heated window element.

It's not been a problem on our car. The brake light 'sticky pads' are not very close to the heated window element.
This is what I expected but thought it worth getting some input from Forum members.

Absolutely :) Of course, we hardly use our R4 in wet weather - I can't remember the last time I used the rear demister...

I am interested in fitting a high level rear brake light to my R4 gtl and was wondering whether you would recommend the stick on glass mountings. Are yours still holding up?
Thanks Rob

Yes, although I think some years ago we had to replace the original sticky pads with some stronger ones - possibly Sellotape Outdoor Fixers.
Hope that helps.

Yes, although I think some years ago we had to replace the original sticky pads with some stronger ones - possibly Sellotape Outdoor Fixers.
Hope that helps.
Many thanks
Rob

Back