Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Hot starts ?!

Hello my friend - Yes identical symptoms
I attribute this to modern fuel and the design of the car being suitable for older fuel

I’m going to add a heat shield first as I have the thick insulated washer fitted already

jonathan
Hi Jonathan
I don't know whether you've seen this, but there are some interesting heat shield ideas for Cléon engines here:

Hitzeschutzblech - Renault 4 Österreich (forumromanum.com)

This type of bonnet seems to improve air circulation:

1629045883618.jpeg

Hi Niels, thanks for the diagram it explains everything. Can you please tell me where you found the t pieces so I can order some. Thank you.

Cheers Simon.

Hi Niels, thanks for the diagram it explains everything. Can you please tell me where you found the t pieces so I can order some. Thank you.

Cheers Simon.
Yep, that Haynes bible for the car is quite good!
Ehm, I'm getting them at my local parts dealer here in Denmark (Stony at renaultdele.dk), but I might suspect they are possible to find in the UK too.

Hi Niels, thank you for the info. I couldn`t find the parts here in the UK so i emailed your dealer and he was happy to post them to me. I only had email contact but he seems like a really nice guy.

Cheers Simon.

Hi Niels, thank you for the info. I couldn`t find the parts here in the UK so i emailed your dealer and he was happy to post them to me. I only had email contact but he seems like a really nice guy.

Cheers Simon.
He is such a cool dude. With 2000 sqm of Renault NOS parts and another 2000 sqm with old cars such as a Singer formerly owned by the danish royal family, a Morgan Le Mans edition from the early 70's, different motorcycles, land rover defenders, Renault 17, Wolseley and more. Along with a Rover 3500 and his own galvanized F4 van :)

Back