Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

How many are left

barnfind

Enthusiast
You might all find this interesting:

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/detail/L0098

Enter the car that you are interested in and see what comes up.

According to this there were only 24 roadworthy TL's left in the UK at the end of last year, plus a similar number on SORN. GTL models do better at 144 and 124 respectively, and so on.
Altogether there appear to be substantially less than the 3000 survivors that I have seen quoted in a few places.

This is great data! Thanks

If you can read across - sorry I couldn't format - you can see the totals and annual decline during the last decade (increase in 2008 :))

Year 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000
Total 301 317 324 316 352 404 454 526 676 809 999
Decrease 5% 2% -3% 10% 13% 11% 14% 22% 16% 19% 26%

Not sure if these are UK RHD cars or include imports but works out that there is one R4 every 1000 miles of UK road!

So a convoy is quite a sight!

Last edited:
I would think that this includes imports that are registered in the UK. I would imagine it is taken from MOT or tax data?

Interesting data. Saw a yellow GTL in Norfolk last week and a Citroen DS in Milton Keynes today!

i seen a yellow one with flowers all over it on friday in penzance....it was cornish4s...

I would think that this includes imports that are registered in the UK. I would imagine it is taken from MOT or tax data?

Interesting data. Saw a yellow GTL in Norfolk last week and a Citroen DS in Milton Keynes today!

I think that it is DVLA data.

Funny the pick up graph... the only going in the opposite way...
There are quite a few!
Here in the southern europe there are still plenty of them, but prices seems to be even higher... strange...
It is very good to see such a forum with so many interested people counting les than 300 car in GB... In Italy the forum is similarly live but with, I think, more than 10 times the cars still running...

Cornering the Market of UK R4s ...

All it would take is £500,000 (!) at an average of £2,000 a car . Prices will rocket for the last 50 if normal economic experience applies.

So, anyone interested? Lord S? Malcolm?

Woah!

Not sure if these are UK RHD cars or include imports but works out that there is one R4 every 1000 miles of UK road!

So a convoy is quite a site!

Excellent work FirstAndBest!! That's a statistic and a half!

So if I type in "Renault 4", which one of them is the F4? I know there has to be some on the roads.

There are 2 pickups?! Who's got them?!

There are 2 pickups?! Who's got them?!

well to solve half the mystery mine is down as a pickup after i changed v5 details many yrs ago i actually filled form in as open pickup

• IMAG0136.jpg
    IMAG0136.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 174
I got one...
well in bits anyway

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 159
  • BARE 2.jpg
    BARE 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 157
Can we get to 10 interesting facts that 'not a lot of people know?'

1 If we put our 300 UK MOT'd cars in a row our convoy, or traffic jam, it would stretch 3/4 of a mile (none of this metric nonsense!)

2. That is about the length of Lord Stanbury's front drive - moat to front door.

3. We would half fill the latest cross channel ferry.

4. 0.00375% is the percentage of our remaining cars compared to the 8 million or so built!

...........................................?

Can we get to 10 interesting facts that 'not a lot of people know?'

4. 0.00375% is the percentage of our remaining cars compared to the 8 million or so built!

Hahaha! This is brilliant.

Okay...

5. If you stacked each of those 300 Renault 4's on top of each other they would be 1,508 feet tall. That's 26 feet taller than the Petronas Towers in Malaysia.

HRBtc.jpg

Back