Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

how much do you think i should sell 4

Disco-Doug

Enthusiast
Hi all, i have just unanswerable question,i have a 1984 R4F6, part restored part in bits.the interesting bits: ive replaced both wings.inner/outer welded other bits and its body is super sweet
(apart from the bonnett and drivers door)
the best bit is ive replaced the floor from bulkhead to behind the seats and worked on the skills and they're sweet as . i need a front screen and rear light lenses. the thing is i can no way afford a paint job,and although it breaks my hart i think it should go to someone fitter than me.
just a ball park,as ive no idea
Yours Doug

Hi all, i have just unanswerable question,i have a 1984 R4F6, part restored part in bits.the interesting bits: ive replaced both wings.inner/outer welded other bits and its body is super sweet
(apart from the bonnett and drivers door)
the best bit is ive replaced the floor from bulkhead to behind the seats and worked on the skills and they're sweet as . i need a front screen and rear light lenses. the thing is i can no way afford a paint job,and although it breaks my hart i think it should go to someone fitter than me.
just a ball park,as ive no idea
Yours Doug
Hello Doug
It'd be great to see some photos of your van.
Just one thing, though - the F6 windscreen and rear lights are different (unique to the F6).

F6 rear light cluster:

1661514227812.jpeg

Dear Andy.

Thanks for the reply,iam going into the shed saturday and run off a few snaps so you can have a good giggle...
My rear lights are different to yours, mine is the old shape..your sweetheart looks newer than mine,is the corners of the roof more square ish
mine are more rounded..
thanks for the reach out it lifted my day......thanks

Disco Doug

My rear lights are different to yours, mine is the old shape..your sweetheart looks newer than mine,is the corners of the roof more square ish
mine are more rounded..

Does your van look like this? Is so it is an F4 not an F6. Windscreen is the same as the Renault 4 not the F6. Tail lights are unique to the F4.

r4-van-large.jpg

As for a guidance price on selling a R4 F6 here is an advert in a garage just around the corner where I live and it is a beautiful F6

Does your van look like this? Is so it is an F4 not an F6. Windscreen is the same as the Renault 4 not the F6. Tail lights are unique to the F4.

r4-van-large.jpg
Dear Malcolm.

Thanks for the head's up.i feel a bit embarrassed showing my lack of knowledge regarding my own van..With that said whats your opinion on my model of van, good/bad,also will i find it difficult in getting a replacement rear lense being unique to my model.....many thanks, your a stat.
Disco Doug

As for a guidance price on selling a R4 F6 here is an advert in a garage just around the corner where I live and it is a beautiful F6
1st time I have ever seen a porthole hardtop on an MGB like the one in the background of one of van photos in add.

Dear Andy.

Thanks for the reply,iam going into the shed saturday and run off a few snaps so you can have a good giggle...
mine are more rounded..
thanks for the reach out it lifted my day......thanks

Disco Doug
Hello Doug
You're welcome!
If your van is an F4, here are some ideas for rear light lenses:

Here's the parts page:

1661706864170.jpeg

New O/S NOS:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33190358...BZ8p+86gQv+Xne8oSAxSGbs1Q=|tkp:Bk9SR-Kr9dbcYA
Maybe the seller has the N/S one too.
Or (in France):

New N/S (in France):

https://www.palace-de-lancienne.com/products/cabochon-arriere-gauche-neuf-seima/ (same seller as above)

You can get a new pair here (not sure what their post-Brexit postage policy is):

Good choice of secondhand parts here:

Good luck!

Back