Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

how to get daisy back on the road

daisy

Enthusiast
Hi,
My name is daisy and my dotty owner wants to put me back on the road.
The last time i went anyware was 1997!!! i was recued from a scap yard and had my engine sorted at the side of the road as my owner has no garage!!!
I went from Leeds to London on my test drive. And after a few moths my front wheel bearing went and we could not find a part,so i was put out to pasture until last week when my owner in her madness decided to change me from a plant pot to some thing called A Car!!
Boy did she have a shock when a family of fury friends welcomed here to there new home and food store in my engine bay!!!
Mind you i did spring into action when i got a new battery and my owner ran round saying i sounded like a kitten(funny i thought i was a car)
Anyway the upshot is i am to return to the road and any advice as to where to get parts etc. would really chear my owner up.
Who kows one day i may come to vist:rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum daisy.

Parts are still easy to find. Most service parts like brakes and bearings can be bought from motor factors. The Leeds Renault dealer seems friendly, and they can still supply most parts you might need. For parts that are expensive new ask on the forum - people might have second hand bits squirreled away.

10 years is a fair time to be off the road. Was she kept in a nice garage?

I often find fury friends in my engine bay too. Pesky things can do a lot of damage. :D

CNV00009crop.jpg

Thanks for that. daisy has been in the garden for the past 4 years
She seems quite happy with life so i will make her day somtime next weeek when i start seeing whats wrong with her .and she can life life to which she was born

are the parts from the renault 4 van the same as the r4 saloon apart from the body shell

Some are and some aren't. Is yours a van? Some of the brake parts are different, as are the anti-roll bars and suspension dampers. Most other bits and pieces will be the same.

If you order through Renault they'll work off the "oval plate number". That's the long number stamped on an oval shaped aluminium plate at the back of the engine bay.

daisy is a 1984 saloon.Its just that i think a friends son had a van in his garage about 3 years ago and i thoucht it may be worth buying it for parts

Depends what you need. If it's just the parts that wear or the parts that rust they might well be just as bad on the van. An engine or whole chunks of suspension might make it worthwhile. Still would be a shame to scrap the van afterwards as they are extra rare these days - be sure to sell the remains or have your friend advertise it.

Back