iain250

Enthusiast
my daughter turned 17

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo im doomed

DSC06371.jpg

DSC06373.jpg

iain

birthday girl

good luck-my lovely son didnt wait until he was 17-i was in the pub like you do when a friend came in and said how did you get here-i said walked of course-well your yellow r4 just past me on the ring road doing a lick- i shot home sure enough no r4-so i was just going back when i heard the familiar r4 noise coming-so i waited behind the door in he came gigling away with his mate-you can ghess the rest-it didnt end there years later when he had past his test-he then rolled a mint white gtl i just got to replace the yellow one-he was more upset than i was because he knew what it ment to me-i never mentioned it and he couldnt understand why-it was because he didnt learn the last time-every week he gave me his wages until i said thats enough-been ok since well ish-must be my fault anyway somewere along the line-rant over
Reg

How did you manage the insurance? My daughter is 17 in September, but I assumed it would be thousands to get her covered on any of my cars...

he wasnt suposed to be driving any of them-he took the white one while we were on holiday-he saved up months to insure his first car a nova-he had it stolen after 6 weeks-i said did you put the steering lock on i gave you-he said i only left it 10 mins-thats all it takes son i said-what am i going to do now he said-start saving i said-he hasnt lost one since- little s--t-he now has a daughter i hope ime around to see what she sends his way :smile:
Reg

Ooft!

You are brave letting her in that iain250! I'm still a bit reluctant to let my Dad drive mine! Even though he has been driving since before I was born.

Insurance isn't too bad when you're a learner Stuart Delahoy. It's when you've passed your test and the insurance companies realises you are going to be out on the streets on your own, they get a bit nervous and start to charge. My first year in a 1.4 R5 was £100 pcm. Now 21 with the R4 and it's £33 pcm. Still doesn't hold a candle to Bobble and the £100 for the entire year though!!

Lucky beggar

I dont care what anyone says, that little girl is Coool !!!

Imagine how you would feel if she wanted some crap, soulless, riceburning krudbox that went shhhh when you let the berries off.

You can only be pleased that she is happy to have a beautifuuly engineered car that her old man, and she, can fix.

Cheers melc shes a good kid this one shes just joined the Royal navy - got a lot of bottle this one - fingers crossed for her

iain

Back