Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

I WANT ONE!!!

tom_g

hello, i'm 27 years old, and i learned to drive in a renault 4 that my mates used to call the smurf car but which, I assure you, was quite shockingly cool

anyway, due to a variety of circumstances I am currently driving a honda accord, and although powerful and reliable and rather sleek looking, has precisely zero personality.

For that reason (and others) the honda must go, and in its place a renault 4 will grace my drive :D they are as cool as mustard, as sharp as cucumbers and the ultimate vehicle ever - in the whole world.

thanks for listening.

by the way, how much do decent condition (i.e. no rust) r4s go for nowadays? our 1986 GTL was in mint condition, had 80k on the clock, and we sold it for 350 quid in 1998. (I'm still bitter that my dad sold it)

merci :)
tom

The prices of these cars is very condition dependant. I sold Rosalie the nearly rust free Renault 4 last year for £500 as the exterior appearance was tatty. Ermintrude the rust free and restored yellow Renault would have been worth £1500+ before the crash.

Unfortunately these low values mean that restored cars are rare. I'm stuck on the idea of picking up a late model R4 from France or Portugal. If nothing else it would make a nice holiday.

tom_g said:
hello, i'm 27 years old, and i learned to drive in a renault 4 that my mates used to call the smurf car but which, I assure you, was quite shockingly cool

anyway, due to a variety of circumstances I am currently driving a honda accord, and although powerful and reliable and rather sleek looking, has precisely zero personality.

For that reason (and others) the honda must go, and in its place a renault 4 will grace my drive :D they are as cool as mustard, as sharp as cucumbers and the ultimate vehicle ever - in the whole world.

thanks for listening.

by the way, how much do decent condition (i.e. no rust) r4s go for nowadays? our 1986 GTL was in mint condition, had 80k on the clock, and we sold it for 350 quid in 1998. (I'm still bitter that my dad sold it)

merci :)
tom

Hi Tom

There is a Renault 4 on eBay at the moment. See:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2192&item=2489481792&rd=1

It certainly looks in good nick going for £820 at the moment. Ends 19th September at 3pm.

If youwant a pristine or fully restored example, it could cost you a good few thousand pounds. see: http://www.renault4.co.uk/images/chris-collins-fr.jpg

It sounds as if your 1986 GLT was somewhat under sold. Good luck in finding an Renault 4.

All the best

Chris

Back