Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

I’m in France and need transmission fluid for my R4 GTL 1984

Sprackers

Enthusiast
Hi all,

I’m in the middle of France and need not only transmission fluid but what’s it called in French

I’ve searched threads but can’t find anything.

Merci

Sprackers

Do you mean oil for your gearbox?

If so, then I think it's

huile de boite de vitesse

(huile = oil; boite de vitesse = box of speed (i.e. gearbox))

We've been trained by Angel on this: Ask for "huile de boite de vitesse hypoid" Maybe ask for GL5 80W90 if there is a choice. Because it's a final drive as well as a gearbox. Try to get one with the flexy pipe you can attach to fill the gearbox.

What happened?

Do you mean oil for your gearbox?

If so, then I think it's

huile de boite de vitesse

(huile = oil; boite de vitesse = box of speed (i.e. gearbox))
First job done cheers jihad.

Now to find out what type

We've been trained by Angel on this: Ask for "huile de boite de vitesse hypoid" Maybe ask for GL5 80W90 if there is a choice. Because it's a final drive as well as a gearbox. Try to get one with the flexy pipe you can attach to fill the gearbox.

What happened?
Cheers Malcom, believe it, I’ve bought a flexible pipe with me. C’mon.

Sprackers Tip: If you are coming to France, fill up your gear box oil to the brim, because you will be changing gear at the F#%^##$€ millions of bloody roundabouts.

If I hear my Waze say one more time “In 200 meters at the roundabout, take the second exit”… I will go mad.

be careful not to overfill-Fill Only to where it starts to seep out throught the filling-hole(car level) let it drip till it stops b4 screwing in the screw
that way you'll be sure not to blow the O-ring on inner driveshafts.. You probably know already-but just in case! Have a Bon Journee and have a daily
Absent -I hear its good for greasing those squeeking joints! c",) -Reid.

Most large supermarkets sell it ,probaly easier .You can choose. I use Total Transaxle 75/80 ,two litre bottle from Leclerc

I went to Auchan and got it there for half price. . It was cold in the morning so the oil took ages to get in.
Top tip. I cable tied the top of the funnel to the cross member, so I didn’t have to hold it up all the time.9F85B602-6B98-4F38-B4C3-70C33594DE59.jpegC938A2E1-373B-4BFB-9E7D-F76AF6F3D342.jpegB986633D-EE74-4219-93C2-6F577A56C97E.jpegp9F85B602-6B98-4F38-B4C3-70C33594DE59.jpeg31414AF7-39F4-40C7-A0E3-898C5846C857.jpeg

Back