Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

indicators stopped working

roy the potter

Enthusiast
Sods law, just booked my savane tl in for control technique (mot) and the indicators have stopped working! I have changed the switch and blinker unit with parts from my clan which i know work, checked the bulbs and connections. Any suggestions please.

Have you changed fuse number 9 (counting from the right)? I would have thought the fuse would be the most likely culprit if none of the indicators work. The flasher still ticks but you won't get indicators or the light on the dash.

Indicators

Can confirm Billy the fishes diagnosis is likely had the same problem here although no sound from the flasher unit may indicate that is to blame either, just take of the plastic cowl and you will find it.

do the hazards work try flicking hazard switch on / off hard check plug on back for conn ection problem or replace if you have spare handy
indicators are directly linked through hazard switch

Changed hazard switch today but only rear indicators now work, will try cleaning connections on front when i can feel my hands again! thanks.

earth wires

Does rather sound like the earth wires need a good seeing to, not a big job but one worth doing, a few weeks ago my headlights kept going off and on, it turned out to be the main earth wire.
:)

front bulb holders tend to corrode round the terminals as rivetted through plastic meaning no earth or feed connection try disconnecting terminals and then using temporary feeds straight from battery to see if bulb lights up

Thanks for suggestions, just cleaned connections inside bulb holders and back of unit and now they are working again! it was a combination of dirty hazard switch and front connections. I will now put parts back on the Clan.

Back