on the car are the following numbers

R1120 425655
and on the other plate

the orriginal number was
9779 XC 75

the worsts is we have no engine or gearbox
can anybody tell us what should have been in it
what type of renault was the base
and what are typical body/technical/ interieur things for this type of (base) renault

all help for restauring this unique vehicle will be very welcome

Hello

This particular car had been featured in "4L Magazine" last year, in this unrestored state, and it was the first sign, after 40 years, that the car still survives. There was some very useful info there (I must search later in the day to see the magazine issue number and date).

All I can tell from the chassis plate data is that it is a 747cc (engine 680-02) and 1965 model year, that means three speed gearbox. It seemed that mr. Bertin took a second hand 1965 4L and shortened it, so interior / exterior trim should be the same as a 1965 model.

Take a look here, too http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=3960 I think you should do the same to learn more about the (base) car.

Hey, since you say you can use all help and are Dutch, maybe the Dutch R4-forums can help you too!? I'm actually currently restoring an R4 myself in the Netherlands (I'm Dutch myself and also a student) but that's just a regular GTL.

Anyway, the link to the Dutch forums is: www.r4club.nl

As for my own restoration I found it very useful to watch other people's restoration threads on forums like this one. I can recommend you Malcolm's restoration diaries (and guides), which you can find on top of this site, or those of DavidN and Snoopy1974 on this site.

Also you can watch mine ofcourse on this forums or on the Dutch site (I actually keep 2 threads).

Good luck with the restoration!

Regards,

Rutger.

Back