Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Interchangeable parts?

Mike from Spain

Enthusiast
Hi peeps, remember back a few months and the funky purple R4 I bought and the seller said it overheated at traffic lights? Well I've just got around to looking at it and it was as I suspected; the rad switch is u/s. Also, I gave it a little run down the road and the speedo/speedo cable? is very noisy. So my question to you petrol heads are these parts interchangeable? Ie R5, Citroen etc or is there a cheap website I could order them off?

No idea about compatibility, but here they go new for around 7GBP. Question would be shipping. How much are they worth over there?

Hi Enrique, I don't know what they go for here as I haven't looked because I didn't think they still sold them! I suppose the logical thing to do would be to ask!!

you got a pic of the rad switch?

not a 4 expert but know pretty much every other model! I can tell you if its the same as something else.

Hi Chris, here it is!

rad_switch_173.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced rad switch a couple of months ago using switch of identical size which I was told came from a Renault 5and this works fine

thats the older style, the newer cars all use an oval shaped sensor plug.

Anyway the older 5's use those plugs as do the ph1 25's and I'm sure the early 21's did as well.

Back