Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Interesting..

Bonhams are described as a "top-tier" international auctioneers with 66 locations world-wide (as of 2012)

The fact that it's a 4x4 will enhance the value of this offering, but let's just put that to the back of our minds for a moment.

¿if some brave member from the forum collected this fine example from Europe

https://m.classic-trader.com/uk/cars/listing/renault/r-4/r-4-tl/1984/115141

drill a hole in the roof for the "Scotland-Yard" rotating blue, how much would that be worth in the "real" world?
N.
P.S. I'm not convinced that the gendarmerie's budget stretched to a full-length sunroof, even in those relatively financially stable times ...

Looks like a magnetic removable blue light to me :dontknow: so i doubt it has been a police car, It should be priced as a 4x4 R4 whatever that is at the moment

And what about the buyers premium on top of the hammer price. 15%+VAT. So anyone silly enough to bid 22000 will have to pay 25960. Ouch.

It’s without reserve.
Nobody in his right mind would pay that asking price.

Maybe it will make €12.000,-
If it makes the lower asking price. I’ll sell my Sinpar and buy 2 new ones from leboncoin
:whistle:

Update.
The Gendarmerie Sinpar made €29000,- with the fee Bonhams gets it made a total of €34500,-

Ridiculous money in my humble opinion.

The buyer must be a complete lunatic. It’s a Renault 4 for heavens sake.

It will probably never drive again and nobody will ever see it again.:mad:

by the time my truck is finished it will have cost a stupid amount of money, but is it worth it, Nah, but do i want to do it yep. :-)

....... and their marketing speil goes way off topic, with a few lines of Renault 4 history, followed by two thirds of a page of illuminating facts regarding some obscure Italian singer-songwriter. .......
Sadly, their car's description leaves much to be desired. RHD - not . Zero miles - with a tired looking front bench seat? And where's the images of the passenger side?
..... just because the little car ended-up in a collection owned by Rome's answer to John Lennon, the selling agent expects some-one to put their hand up at 7 grand plus.

It is well documented at the beginning of this post, what unpredictable venues auctions rooms can be, witnessed by so many of us having to wipe the "yellow stuff" off our faces following the Gendarmerie-Sinpar scandal.

If we decide to make the road journey to Monaco for the 11th May, I pray we won't be stuck behind the most hideous sight on Earth ...... a silver + red R4 with NO REAR DIAMOND LOGO MUDFLAPS!!

Does anyone know if this means that it's a perfect time to import them to the US? don't know if i'm just feeling hopeful or what

Back