Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Introduction

efexgee

Hi all Renault lovers,

I am from Malaysia and own a R4 since 1990. I may be one of three R4 owners in this country. Was not in a position to restore the car then. Now it is in a workshop for restoration. My problem is inability to get engine parts for repair / replacement. I believe Vietnam or Cambodia may have someone with parts for R4 because, there was French influence in both countries. Appreciate any help to contact. Thanks.

Hello!

What year was your Renault 4 built in? Do you have any pictures? There are some older Renault 4s in Australia, but I don't think the newer Renault 4s were sold there.

Good luck!

R4 Malaysia

Hi jjad,
My R4 is a 1968 built unit. Havn't taken any photos yet. will post as soon as i have some. Thanks.

Do post some photos. Malaysia is a great place for a Renault 4 to live.

There are very few suppliers here in the UK either. Have you tried an engine builder? They can normally order parts from suppliers that would not deal with individuals.

I buy a lot of parts from Germany. Der Franzose have engine parts and will probably be able to post to Malaysia.

Hello efexgee, welcome! What engine parts will you need? I may be able to help you.

Renault 4 Forum

Hi Malcom, Angel,
The car is with a new mechanic now, the car was not in use for the last 8 years and the previous mechanic I sent it left it under the sky without the bonnet. It's a pity I didn't keep tab on these guys!!! The engine is jammed for a start and the body badly rusted. I have found a good body builder and mechanic. Once work starts I'll post on the thread whatever parts are difficult to obtain here.

Ouch you do sound like you've got a lot of work to do on your car then!

Good luck and if I can help just stick a post on here and I'm sure we'll all try our best to help.

Renault 4 Forum

Great to have found a R4 forum. And WOW!! saw a small snippet on tv on relaunching CV2 in France.

Back