Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Is my R4 a BYE BYE?

MONALIZA

Hello guys, I have a question and I hope you can help me. I just bought a R4 GTL with a memorial BYE BYE plate. What is confusing is that the car documents say that the car was produced in 1993 in France. As we all know, the last 1000 of BYE BYE were made in 1992... My question is; is there any web page where I can check if my bye bye is realy a bye bye?
Thank you :)

To my knowledge last BYE BYE were made during January and February 1993.

I have read that somewhere but can not find where.

The book Album Renault 4 by Robert Séjourné says (under the year 1993) that production of the existing range continued, at that the limited edition Bye Bye was "offered from December 1992". But it's unclear whether they were available to order in December or actually available to drive away then. Perhaps you could order in December but they were built in January/February 1993.

Do you have any pictures of your car? Our GTL was built in Slovenia :)

Hello guys, I have a question and I hope you can help me. I just bought a R4 GTL with a memorial BYE BYE plate. What is confusing is that the car documents say that the car was produced in 1993 in France. As we all know, the last 1000 of BYE BYE were made in 1992... My question is; is there any web page where I can check if my bye bye is realy a bye bye?
Thank you :)
Please can we see a photo or two? Thanks.

Back