Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Is this 4 TL rare

Martin Hall

Enthusiast
Is this 4 TL rare ?

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120079192707&fromMakeTrack=true

I havent seen one like this before without a rear side window
It is possible it is a 2 seater Renault make a R5 and later the Clio especially for La Poste and France telecom with only 2 seats
This car is about 30 - 40 km from me so I may have a go a bidding on it

I have translated the description in case readers dont speak French

I sell beautiful a 4L TL white of 1977 R1126 type. It is a very good base for the 4L Trophy or the experts. It does not have the vehicle inspection, I thus sell it in the state. The chassis is nickel, the members postpone are nickels. It has only 68.694 kms. It has a spare wheel moreover. The seats are skinned a little, the back bench in skaï too. The supports heads on the photograph are not there any more. There are only the seats. I brought back it from Nantes it is not a long time because an old person gave it to me, because his/her small son does not have of it any more the utility. Its rate/rhythm of cruising without pushing is of 110 km/h. It rolled without problem whereas it had not rolled since 1 month. The engine is clean and turns well. The body is clean and was repainted in white one year ago. See photographs for more infos. The interior is not very clean, but a good coat of paint and it will not appear to with it any more. I have photographs of the back members, seats, chassis, trunk which I could not put. But if you want some, do not hesitate to ask me. Quote to me your or good bidding with all! The car is to be come to seek in Rennes, and to pay in bank draft or in cash. An installment of half of the final price will be required in order to block the sale, because it is on sale on other supports. I thus reserve myself the right to withdraw it from this site. That which gains the bidding, must buy the gained object. EBAYEUR NOT SERIOUS TO ABSTAIN FROM

They aren't all that rare. While the very rare Renault 3 started off the trend for no rear side windows, a lot of the Renault 4s made for commercial use were also supplied without those windows.

La Poste definately had some, and breakdown recovery service vehicles had them too (not sure what they are called, but the UK equivalent would be when your engine has exploded throwing conrods all over the place it's the car they send to check you need the recovery truck). The Belgian army definately had some.

It does look cool though so definately worth a bid.

It looks like the rear windows were just painted, not like the ones where there is actually a metal panel there.

I have seen the original as well, although many many moons ago...,and i think that they didn't had any doorhandles on the back side, this was an GTL...

Back