Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Is this normal? Air filter question

beagle

Enthusiastic amateur
Hi I'm putting my 1992 tl back together and was wondering if this is an original airfliter? Most all of the ones I have seen are metal drum types. Mine is made of plastic and doesn't seem to come apart. My carb is a Zenith.
:confused:

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 312
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 284
Yes it is a fixed type (it does not come apart) and was fitted to the latest R4s.
Chances are that you will not be able to find a replacement...but if you unscrew this "spider" baseplate form the carburettor, you can fit a conventional sheet steel air filter with a replaceable element

Thanks a lot Angel, I think I have found a replacement on ebay. Just seems a bit odd as the three bolt heads seem to stop the rubber seal on the bottom of the filter sealing correctly. The car ran ok with it on though so it's probably ok.
Tim

I have the same kind of air filter, it is quite easy to obtain here in Italy, from every car shop.
Quite expensive, about 20 euros each.
I was bothering if it was possible to substitute with the metal box of the earlier models... so the replaceament will be cheaper...
I even found the new metal box for 25 euros on ebay...
What I need to do to adapt it on my carburettor?

Andrea scripsit.

You can also buy them here in France from Mister Auto, my last one came with metal clips like an ordinary air fliter so you can replace the paper filter. Which seems like a better idea than throwing away the complete thing in these days of recycling.

Hi, Renault 5 campus use those type RENAULT NUMBER 7700722120 £12.34 plus VAT from renault....still listed on the renault system...

Wow, what a great discovering, i will post it immediately on the italian r4 forum...
Thank you!

Andrea scripsit.

Hello I am the new owner of Blanche now and want to replace the air filter now can you advise me what to buy please

Back