Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Kent Renault 4 Run 2007

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
Derek Flavell has set a date for the meeting in Kent - Sunday 27th May 2007. All R4 owners are welcome (no need to join any of the clubs).

Meeting at M2 eastbound services between junctions 4 and 5 (same place as last year) and setting off from there at 11:00 sharp for a convoy to Hever Castle. Not sure if there is a lunch break along the way. See http://www.renaultownersclub.com/events.htm for a contact email for Derek.

Anyone planning to go down? Thought we could all wear special Clementine name tags this year so we know who everyone else is - I missed most of the forum members last year.

Ermintrude says she wouldn't miss it and this year she's bringing Blanche too. Uncle Claude is just fitting a new radiator to Blanche to make sure she's ready for a long run.

• 2007_0331bikepics0044.jpg
    2007_0331bikepics0044.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:
So it's the weekend after next. I thought about not going for a while, but have decided to go after all as there are so many people there I want to see.

If any Renault 4 owners prefer eating lunch to driving down narrow lanes then we might be able to form a breakaway group.

So who's coming? And how will we identify eachother? Do come and see me if you are there.

I'll be driving this one:

• renault-and-helecopter.jpg
    renault-and-helecopter.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 383
hi just noticed the wipers are they ment to be set like that.
daisys wipers are the same and i thought they had been broken over the years but now i have seen the ones in the picture i am quite cheered up that i dont have to buy a new set!!!

They aren't really meant to be like that, but our cars are special :D There's a nut at the bottom of the wiper arms that you can unbolt to remove the wiper arms and put them back in a different position. Factory spec is to have the passenger wiper blocking the passenger's view which didn't seem all that kind.

well that just goes to show daisy is already human friendly!!
she told me that if i make a start tommorrow we may be able to go on the kent trip.in a couple of weeks time!!(its so nice to work with a machine that is such an optimist

Yorkshire Run

Daisy if you don't make it onto the road by the Kent Run perhaps we could form our own Northern breakaway run later in the year here in sunny Yorkshire. :)

We were hoping to take Blanche to Kent for the run on our way to France, but as trip has been delayed we almost certainly won't make it this year.

Apart from Roodini, Daisy, Bluebell and myself is there anyone else up here who would be interested? - I know Clementine has relatives up here (you may have noticed the family resemblance to Uncle Claude) so he may be interested.

Chris

Daisy if you don't make it onto the road by the Kent Run perhaps we could form our own Northern breakaway run later in the year here in sunny Yorkshire. :)

Chris
It's yet another sunny day in Leeds :cool: and Uncle Claude is out polishing up Blanche. Steady, don't rub off all the paint, Claude!
Sorry that we can't make it to the Kent run. But we'll look forward to seeing the photos. Happy motoring! :D

• claudecleaning.jpg
    claudecleaning.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 327
..Kent Run...

..Just a little line and a good motto to ask Steve Hennessey if he is coming on the Kent Run on Sunday as his Cd is ready and I could save 34 pence if he was.

Bluebelle, start winding up the elastic band on Ermintrude if you have now changed your mind about joining the 'real' R 4 drivers on the Kent run - I have heard you are worried about whether there is free parking in Kent?

Anyway, as I see it from Dulwich, the future is bright, the future is orange.

See one et all on Sunday and dont forget your umbrellas!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I should be coming down to Kent on Sunday with Clementine. Have sent a pm to him asking if he want's breakfast when he gets here but have not heard anything back yet. Need to know soon as the pig needs to be killed and I can't find where the chickens have laid their eggs!

Haven't I replied yet? Sorry - it's been an active week. Breakfast sounds fab - get that pig fattened up. Should be down around 8:30 at the latest.

Talking of food - if we sit at the back of the convoy we'll be able to peel off if we see a nice pub for lunch.

See you Sunday then Malcolm, but if you're late I'll have to give your breakfast to my friend Rosie!!

• rosie 002.jpg
    rosie 002.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 117
..Cool for cats..

..well with that sort of breakfast on offer, I might even head north for a slap up breakfast INCLUDING beans before heading south like the swallows and peeling off for lunch with Mark St Spencer and chums!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stormy Weather

Ermintrude hopes it wasn't too wet for the Kent run today - and Blanche says as she's just been polished that she is definately not going out in the rain.

• S62006_1003BD.jpg
    S62006_1003BD.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 107
i am wet fed up and freezing!! my engine is in bits i am under a tree my owners dog has visited me and made my once dry wheels wet!!
Sorry we could not make the run to day hope you all had a great time.
see you all next year:)

..The real Kent run 2007..

..well we are all cold and wet but what a great day... lots of cars sadly dissolved in the rain and so only the hardy ones made it to Hever Castle and it was great to see you all - Here are some preliminary pics and not only were the cars all in fine form, we were all very lucky to have The Richard Williams Band there waiting for us as well two very handsome men beside the car that won 19th place in the 'Car of the Day' competition!!

Well done Derek again for organising it - It was a great pleasure to be part of it.

Ian S

• CIMG2470.JPG
    CIMG2470.JPG
    175.6 KB · Views: 102
  • CIMG2478.JPG
    CIMG2478.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 101
  • CIMG2499 cd 1.jpg
    CIMG2499 cd 1.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 98
  • CIMG2504.JPG
    CIMG2504.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 97
..Richard W..

Richard

Nice to meet you all today and I have a little present that I would like to send you but forgot to get your address - please send me a pm with it if you would like

Ian S

• CIMG2487.JPG
    CIMG2487.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 97
looks like you had a realy good day .its great to see so many good examples
of men and machines enjoying themselves.are we having a do up in yorkshire soon?

Back