Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Key broken and stuck in the keyhole

Calit

Hi

We just bought a Renault 4 F4 (first registered December 1985), and we have a slight problem, because the key is broken and stuck in the keyhole.
We want to take out the whole of the key"ring", and have tried to press from underneath the wheel (in the small hole), trying to turn the key at the same time, but to no avail.
Can you drill out the keyring and replace it, or do you have a description of how to manage our small problem.

Regards
Kirsten, Carl Otto and the former Danish postvan "Kuglelynet":yellowre:

Goddag Danmark! Har du prøvd å ha Litt lynlim (cyanoakrylat lim)helt
inne på enden av den ytterste del av nøglen?? Press inn og hold HELT i ro etpar minutter-prøv så å trekk nøglen Rett ut.. Eller får du køpt ny Neiman-lås komplett fra Der Franzose i Tykland -R.

Låsecylinder

Tak for dit svar.
Hvordan får man låsecylinderen ud??

Venlig hilsen
Kirsten

låsesylinderen er festet med en liten Tap sk.Dovel helt innerst på sylinderen (mot låsemekanismen) Når du har fået den ut mener jeg å huske at der er en liten tap til som du trykker ind slik at du kan trekke selve låsesylinderen ut av sit (gode)skin.
-For our Englishspoken members:We are planning a complete Scandianvian Take-over! c",) -R.

I'm not sure if you had your answer there, my Danish isn't good.

There is a small metal button at the side of the lock which holds the lock in place in addition to the screw. The button can be pushed in with a screwdriver when the key has been turned far enough to disengage the steering lock. Then the lock can be pulled out. I can't remember where the button is, and button is the wrong word. Prong or tab maybe.

Once the lock has been removed it might be possible to dismantle it enough to remove the key.

Lock cylinder

Hi both

Thank you again for your answers. We will try tomorrow to see if we can succeed. Otherwise we will come back - perhaps with pictures ...

Sunny summergreetings from
Denmark

The button that Malcolm describes is roughly on top of the steering lock. You press it and pull the switch out simultaneously.There is also an M4 screw (7mm wrench) on the bottom (I guess you removed this one as it is fairly obvious).
The problem is that, the "button" can be depressed only when the switch is on the "Garage" position. If you can turn the lock with a screwdriver, no problem, otherwise you will have to resort to more violent methods.

Your Danish may not be too good Malcolm..

..But mine is fantastic and although none of you will believe me, it really is my second language so....

Den nemmeste måde at fjerne støj i bilen på, er ved at lade hende køre.

En franskmand, en italiener og en dansker stod og pralede.
Franskmanden sagde at man kunne holde omkring deres piger med 2 hænder,
og det var ikke fordi at franskmænd havde store hænder, men fordi pigerne var så slanke!
Så sagde italieneren at deres piger kunne sidde på en bar- stol og nå ned til gulvet med fødderne
samtidig, og det var ikke fordi at barstolene var små, men fordi pigerne var så langbenet.
Så sagde danskeren, at når de gik på arbejde og gav lillemor et klap bagi, så stod hendes bag stadig og dirrede når de kom hjem igen, og det var ikke fordi at de danske piger var tykke, men fordi at arbejdsdagen var så kort!

OK Reida or Calit... A translation for the non Danish speakers on our site please!!

• xc.jpg
    xc.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 127
Skol

I believe you Ian - honest, :D
I've struggled a bit to be really honest :eek:, but now think Ive got the gist of your danish post. Couple of words/phrases were a real pain/struggle :( - 'klap bagi' (turnip?)and 'bag stadig' (???)- little if any contextual clues . That bit towards the end about some 'low life' doing a livestock heist in a (Taunus badged?) transit van seemed to me to be a bit weird. Mind you bonny lad! 'hjem' was a no brainer.;)
Warmest welcome to Calit - your English is superb and apologies for my ignorant ramblings to our shipmate Ian. :hug:

Back