Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Lack of replies to threads

reo24

Enthusiast
A couple of times now I have offered to help following an appeal on a thread & even when it is the only offer I do not get the courtesy of a reply! This tends to make me think that even if I have that rare part someone is searching for or could get it from the local scrap yard, I won't even look! So if you are looking for a rear bumper for an '84 GTL & I have a friend UK bound, TOUGH!
Mind you, this is not the only forum guilty of this rudeness.

reo24. Generally speaking I think people on here replies to quests-but I agree that if you do post-the ones interessted Should respond,if not one would feel no-one cares... If I'm guilty of not responding to anyone out there I'll take this opportunity to apologize to them...

-Wish you a happy New Year down there in France! -R.

What irritates me as well is people who advertise their cars/vans without either price or pictures.

And for the brave few who respond with the obvious questions, no response!
Just look down the Cars for Sale section to see some examples.

I think it should be made a condition of listing that a price range should be indicated in the initial insertion plus at least one overall picture.

It might also be good manners for sellers to post when the car is sold - save wasting people's time. Here I smile smugly. :)

What a good thread to raise, OP. Thank you. I suspect we will be getting a few more horror stories!

Agree

I totally agree with snes about the price when a person is selling their R4. What attracted me to the car snes advertised some time ago was the quality of the advert and car and the pics and the truth about the actual condition of the car but also that he included the price. Come on if you want to sell your car set a price.

Jacktherev

I totally agree with snes about the price when a person is selling their R4.

+1

The Retro Rides forum does this right. Every ad has to have a price and location or it gets binned. Seems to work.

On the top note, bumpers from Germany or M-R-P are not that dear to buy new and i know what a fight second hand ones can be to remove.

I am guilty of the second point. I have stuck my two vans up for sale with pictures that link to my other posts and i have not put any prices up - mainly because i wanted to give people the opportunity to make an offer rather than see a price of fourteen and a half thousand pounds and think oh thats not worth bothering with.

Plus i am not in much of a hurry to sell them, i would be happier to see them go to loving homes so they dont become builders vans.

However i will take another read of Malcolms price guide and add some prices for you. As for pictures, I was waiting for a nicer day. Its just thick fog here and has lingered since tuesday.

Happy new year team. Michael

Its because vat has gone up, Mary. :)

ps my love to Blanche. She is well?

Hope he hasn't put the VAT up before January the 4th or he'll be in trouble!

Although I have noted that a lot of retailers were doing an awful lot of price increases just before XMAS, I reckon they'll be saying "look we are't putting our prices up" when the actual VAT rises, this will be because they have already put them up by more than the 2.5% VAT already!

Fourteen and a half thousand pounds? That must be a good one.

Its not half bad honestly, see the freshly uploaded pics - with more on the way,

michael

Back