Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Later gauge cluster

laxeian

Enthusiast
Been ‘dressing up’ the cluster in my 85 F6, taking it apart, when I took off glass and faceplate could not help but notice in the cluster backing plate there is a moulding ‘blank’ for an additional gauge at the top right hand side of speedo, mirror of the fuel gauge but at top.
Was anything ever fitted here on any models?, ( would be a perfect spot for a temp gauge, if I had known of its existence prior to fitting mine under switches....)

Don't think there was anything ever fitted at that spot.
Option for a temp gauge isn't possible as the mechanical and electric connections at the top on the flex circuit board the same as the fuel gauge connections at the bottom, on both manufactured circuit boards e.g. the Veglia or Jaeger.

The plastic body should be common with a Renault 5 (GTL?) that was equipped with a temperature gauge, hence the layout. I have seen a temperature gauge fitted in this space, on a customer's car, but hadn't the chance to see if the printed circuit had been replaced, too, or the connections done externally. Very neat and factory-looking, though.

The only mid 80's instrument panels (Jaeger/Veglia) that are almost interchangeable (R4/R5) are the ones from the R5 Express/Rapid diesel versions.
With a bit of cable altering, panel mod and the R5 Express temp sensor it should work.
And the glow-plug indicator light could be altered with an extra switch for the use of seat heating :D
renault-5-renault-4-renault-super-5-cuadro-de-instrumentos (1).jpgrenault-5-renault-4-renault-super-5-cuadro-de-instrumentos.jpg

rhd extra van uses different dashboard btw
completely different

Back