Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Lime Green Renault 4 on eBay

Welcome to the forum knnicho.

Potential buyers should note this car is a post 1973 car wearing the number plates of an earlier car (a ringer).

The chassis number appears to have been partly ground away and the car lacks identification plates on the bulkhead. The chassis number on the registration document does not match the chassis number on the car (located on top of the chassis to the right of the drivers seat).

The car has none of the features you might expect from a 1972 Deluxe.

I rejected the car last time it was advertised on eBay as mis-described. The owner apologised and my understanding was the car was to be sold for spares or broken.

This time the seller appears to have a different username.

Here is some earlier discussion about the car: http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=159

Last edited:
Good job I found this site really!
I was well up for buying that one I suppose I'll have to wait a little longer...

BTW what can I expect to pay for a running if tatty R4?

Wow ! The lime green special returns.I knew this would bob up again.I contacted the owner a few weeks ago as it was offered as a freebie and had a good chat about collecting it but then he never returned the calls .It a good warning for others that are considering buying cars blind of ebay as in the photo it looks pretty good .

r4

i bought the car three days ago from the garage as i stated on ebay i dont know much about renault 4's but as far as im concerned the car looks in good order thr are vin numbers next to the seat but as i stated on ebay i have no documents to check against but if anyone wants the registration or vin number then contact me and i will be happy to give them to you. But for a starting bid of £100 it would be a good breaker as it also has lots of spares sorry to hear about your problems

Thanks for replying on the forum. I took a note of the chassis numbers - the one on the registration document r1123 05056835 (circa November 2002) and the one on the car is r1123 05149986 (circa July 1973).

Thanks for modifying the advert to mention the lack of logbook. I can probably put you in touch with the previous owner who may still have the logbook.

I'm concerned that someone may purchase the car with a view of putting it back on the road. They'll get a shock when they contact the DVLA, and of course if they did award a new registration document it would be 1973 and hence not tax free.

Would it be possible to alter the description further. I would suggest adding that the vehicle is suitable for spares only due to a concern over the identity. Also worth mentioning it is a TL and not a Deluxe (they have bench seats in the front and a nicer grille).

It's back with the original seller and on eBay again. This time it's advertised as a spares car which seems much more reasonable given the issues. Rusty is right, but don't expect a front bench seat or a good interior. It does have a new radiator though.

Go on Liam, bid a quid and rid the world of this one.

Hi,
don't lumber me ! seriously i am very happy to buy and break the thing if someone is interested ? in trailering to Henley on Thames .My boss is O.K at the minute with all my wrecks and boats that are scattered around the yard [Oh not forgetting my very long term Vespa project] but i think this green monster may be the icing on the cake for me to have a clear out .I am sure someone could use the car for spares [Stuart maybee] and at the same time come and collect this free bodyshell to save me the hastle of cutting it up .

Well that's a pain - I was looking forward to a 1p R4 (more than I usually pay, but it did have shiny bumpers):
Please be aware that the following listing:Item Number - 140006819564Item Title - 1972 RENAULT 4 DELUXE GREENhas been removed by eBay for breaching of one or more of our policies. Any offers or bids placed on this listing are now null and void. Because the listing was ended early, you as a bidder are not required to complete the transaction. Since this is a breach of our listing policies, the seller is free to relist the item in the proper format. Should you wish to do so, you are free to bid on the item again if it is relisted.

Back