Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Lobsters GTL - The story so far...

Hi Lobster,

Did you see my note in the Car's wanted section?
If possible I would like to come over and see your little red R4 Bestie ...

Thank you

Regards,
David.

Yep I did. I'll have it back from the garage on Tuesday so anytime after that is fine. I'll PM you when its back here.

Ok thanks, I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing your R4 LRB.
PS have you considered the Renault Avantime for the Lobster family run around? A very cool future classic me thinks...

PS have you considered the Renault Avantime for the Lobster family run around? A very cool future classic me thinks...

I'd love one. Trouble is I need a big van for the business. I've got a SEAT as a family hack and we had a Sprinter which we sold at the back end of last year which in retrospect was a mistake as I really need something that size but more seats would be handy on occasion. Thats why I was thinking about a Trafic lwb.

However, going a bit off topic here...

Keen To See LRB R4-GTL

Hi Lobster,

Any sign of the new addtion to the Lobster net yet?

I am keen to come over and see the R4 LRB GTL, are we still ok for tomorrow and if so what time would suit you?

Thanks Lobster,

Kind regards,
David.

• 26062010839.jpg
    26062010839.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 195
Moving swiftly along.......

C'est fini!

r4-5.jpg

http://www.renault4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=31678#post31678

Im not sure we all need to be reading this Lobster, it's your business, and sorry to read this chap has just ripped your very nice 4 to pieces. I guess it takes allsorts. Regards Brian.:(
PS. I suppose he should be an expert on rust as he has a mini, those little buggers rust everywhere:smile:

Hello Brian/Cornish-4
With regards to David’s car, as I think mentioned it is a very nice car but this was, as I mentioned to David today, my honest opinion of his car as she stands right now and I certainly don’t think I have ripped his car apart.
Yes you’re right I am use to restoring classic cars, including old classic Mini’s, so I know where to look for problem areas that will cost to put them right. I spent this afternoon looking over this little car, I have not put anything down here, that I did not mention directly to David during today.
Lastly I would also like to think I have a relatively good idea what is required to put a classic R4 into top notch condition, as I have a couple of these supper little cars in the past.
Regards
David

I've removed a couple of posts from this thread as it seems a bit unfair to slate somebody's car and then put in a fairly sizeable offer.

There are only a couple of Renault 4s in the UK that have been restored to the same sort of standard as a really good Mini or 2CV but neither are for sale. You'll need to restore one!

Back