Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Look at this...

Thank you Ian, and thanks to everybody that posts on this wonderful website. I used many of your photos for the project I did on R4s, and found the three websites you mention particularly useful, as well as the Charles Moore article. Your help was most appreciated and I enjoyed doing the research.

What happened to your car, Ian? Too many heavy boats on the roof?

Towing too many heavy things can be injurious to your R4!!

Well spotted - My car certainly seems to have 'stretched' a bit after towing the QE II for 10 miles along the Manchester Ship canal recently BUT just look at the front view!!

Should be OK for the 'Race around the Kentish Weald' on the 28th though - Everyone coming as I should have some interesting 'give aways' on that day?

• cimg5205 1.jpg
    cimg5205 1.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 117
I've edited the first post to link to the original article - duplicating other people's stuff over here would infringe their copyright. :D

Funnily enough I emailed with Charles about this article a couple of years ago. He mentioned he once owned an MGA (I have one too) and we had a good chat about old style dynamos not keeping up with electrical demand from headlamps, and about how best to position the plastic sheet on your legs when it rained.

Back