Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Luggage Compartment Liner

malcolm

& Clementine the Cat
We built a wheelchair ramp to Clementine's garage this afternoon from tarmac chippings (as a shortcut for the lawn mower). Problem with loose stuff in Renault 4s is it falls into the rear footwells. So here's Frederic's boot liner.

boot-liner.jpg

It's 1m * 1.3m and can just be lifted into the car in one piece. Here it is installed.

liner-instsalled.jpg

And in use (Frederic is only happy when he's mucky).

frederick.jpg

It's really handy, and a slightly shorter and narrower version would be easy to fit and remove for the occasional messy load.

I'm very proud of the new ramp. There used to be a 300mm drop from the concrete. We went over the tarmac with a whacking machine and it seems to be holding together quite tightly - the tarmac chippings were quite new and still a bit sticky. Couple of tonnes of chippings went in there, but I still need to figure out what to do with the other 20 tonnes.

ramp.jpg

..You are way ahead of me Malcolm..

..Sort of makes my design look positively amateur..and a few bits do still disappear down into the foot well!!

• CIMG0007.JPG
    CIMG0007.JPG
    176.3 KB · Views: 87
  • CIMG0005.JPG
    CIMG0005.JPG
    177.6 KB · Views: 85
Great minds think alike :D Is your bulkhead bolted in to the rear seat mountings? I wanted to add a little floor protection as there is bound to be someone out there who will lovingly restore Yvette, and I'm sure they'll appreciate the excellent boot floor.

Though until that time she's brilliant as a yard car. Found some more fork handles today. Will post tomorrow.

• yvette.jpg
    yvette.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 80
Back