Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Main beam intermittent, dipped headlights not working at all

Mackillo

Enthusiast
Hi,

Recently got the car back from a mechanic who half finished the jobs. The car has been left with a lot of issues to figure out now. The primary issue is the headlights as I can't drive anywhere at night currently.

The main beams are intermittent, almost as if they get knocked in and out of position by bumps in the road. The dipped headlights I cannot get to work at all.

I played with the fuses and have the dash lights working again. This also seemed to fix the issue with the full beam headlights not working somewhat. I cannot get the dipped beam to work though at all

Has anyone had a similar issue?

Thinking I need to open up the dashboard and take a good look at the electrics. IF anyone had advice on the route for the dipped head lights wiring that would be great

Last edited:
Hi Mackillo

Try the three pronged connector blocks which are connected to the headlight bulbs. The spades often corrode internally, develop verdigris, become loose and sometimes there is a break in the wiring connected to connector blocks.

Check also earth wire between headlamps and wings, both left and right. No need to mess with instrument panel.

Back