Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Manifold breather tube

bison

Enthusiast
As i've got the head off "Ninja" (845tl), and the manifold nicely cleaned up, I thought I would blow through the little right angle tube attached on the manifold underneath the carburetter flange, to my surprise, it would seem it's there for decoration, it's blocked off, no sign of any matching hole on the inside of the manifold. Anyone know why it's there and what it's meant to do?.
Alan.

hi allan ,
glad to hear you are getting on with the R4 hope that you get it running again soon
interesting name you have given it ,( i couldnt decide on a name when i owned it and it does appear to an important part of the bonding process :) )

it is a common problem for the manifold to block up solid with carbon and a small drill is needed to sort the problem mind you after 32yrs expect it to be pretty hard !!

good luck paul

Thanks to Paul,
Twisted off the little elbow and took a 1.5mm drill to it, cleared no problem, there was no indication of there being a hole there, it must have been carboned up since petrol was 6/8p a gallon!!!. I'll check the other breather holes when I build it up.
Alan.

Back