Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Megan senic 1.9 cdi problem

johnnyreb

Enthusiast
:confused:
I have now got an inclination of the problem as in my first posting, I put £20 of Deisel in the other day taking it to just over half full, I drove all the way to Wednesbury with no problem at all. By the time I got there I had just under half a tank, I turned right at a Junction and the car cut out.

Driving back home it kept cutting out at roundabouts (going right) It was fine on the M6 and the A14, It cut out every time I went right (but was fine straight and turning Left) I now believe it is a fuel feed problem as it is fine when the tank is over a quarter of a tank but has the problems under this. and if it gets lower than 1/4 it cuts out even driving straight.

So I now know it is nothing to do with the electrics or camshaft sensor.

Any Ideas on the possible causes and how this can be corrected?

Cheers
Reb

I'm not an expert on these things by any means (never messed with modern diesels), but the symptoms might point to a problem with the fuel tank or pump. Is the pump inside the tank?

I had a problem with a JCB where the tank had been damaged and repaired. The fuel pick up tube inside the tank had a small hole, and would suck air into the fuel.

It's a bit of a stab in the dark.

Thanks for your suggestion

Thanks mate,
I have looked at the tank and it doesn't appear to be damaged in anyway, I suspect that the pump is in the tank (but i'm just guessing) I intend to agree that it could be a feed tube sucking in air when the tank is low, as it is only effected when the tank gets below a quarter full.

Cheers
For taking the time to advise

Back