Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

mguez f6 resto

mguez

Enthusiast
Yes hi to the forum.I realised I put this message in the wrong place even after all clementines help explaining picture mounting.Here is my newly pimped and spruced f6 after a year of work and usage of my mobile tool box. The interior pics will come when i've cleaned things up a bit.its all in lacquered birch ply door panels and all.I will be sorting further gremlins and asking questions over the coming weeks, but enjoy the visual moment.Also there is a white gtl car which lives in Brighton...anyone know who that is? M.

• f6dynamicfront.jpg
    f6dynamicfront.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 98
  • f6fullsideview.jpg
    f6fullsideview.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 103
  • f6sideandback.jpg
    f6sideandback.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 100
  • f6sidefront.jpg
    f6sidefront.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 98
  • f6back.jpg
    f6back.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 96
The F6 looks fantastic. Very nice job. The body looks excellent - did it need any work apart from the respray? Looking forward to photos of the interior.

I know of one white GTL in Hove. It's got embarrasing wheel trims and belongs to a guy called Pete who runs http://www.renault4.plus.com On that website click the "gallery" link then "my pics" to see if it's the same one.

mguez

Hi Clementine thanks for the reply.The car was bought last Nov. from that guy stuart up in Leicester. Betwen then and the respray this september the work was generally as follows; full replacement of front suspension,shocks and roll bar, welding up of 4 holes in sills and floor panel-this involved cutting back a front quarter panel aswell-a thorough clean of old stuff off the underside.I got a new front bonnet from Reno speed derek and had that once overed by a dent magician who did an amazing job on it. I have a good metal guy who rebuilt the bottom of the rear door and the painters feathered it in nicely.The bumper was also patched in with metal and I reshaped it and sprayed it-wheels aswell which were blasted. The car was initially very sound generally -the rear suspension mountings have faired very well due to good undersealing from its previous owner I think.The engine has always run well although its running rich at the moment and I'm going to get my my mechanic to overhaul and tune everything up,The clutch also need s attention at the moment.
One concern I do have is that of the cars handling which doesn't feel as good as before. the car seems to "wallow" on corners -I'm wondering if its something to do with the torsion bars which i can sometimes feel moving under my foot-any ideas on this?
Anyway there's a bit of info for you on the project as you asked- i will certainly appreciate any of your expertise in the future.Matt

Back