Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

MINTY for SALE!

Minty

Enthusiast
SAD day, MINTY failed her MOT. Chassis corrosion. Apart from that, MINTY is still running. The work needed to get her through an MOT is too much for me to undertake. I think it will be a serious project and hope there is some one out there wiling to have a go as she drives well. We've had some great fun together.
Engine good. Inside good condition. Panels undented and in good shape overall. 1000euros contact : clare.henderson3@gmail.com for more detatils. Haults Alpes France.WP_20160621_14_24_30_Pro.jpgWP_20160621_16_38_04_Pro.jpg

Oh, how sad. Isn't there somewhere you could take it to get the repairs done?

Think it's time to let some one else enjoy her. I've had four years of trouble free motoring, never let me down. Local garage didn't want to get involved. I think it's part of the French government plan to get old cars off the road. Any rust is an instant fail now :(

This is a rites of passage for all Renault 4s. But it may be a more simple repair than you expect!

I hope you sell it to somebody who looks after it, especially as it is one of the earlier GTLs

You may be on to something!!! Have decided to have a go! Nothing ventured, nothing gained.;)
Will keep you updated. Have just spent the last two hours undoing all the bolts. Seats out, rubber mats removed and lo and behold, even found a 1/2 franc under one of the mats!! Taking that as a good luck sign.

I found a spanner left by a garage once.
Glad you are having a look at repair :hug:

We are trying but it's slow going! Took ages for the parts to arrive as the courier wouldn't come up the mountain and didn't tell us they had the parcel for us to collect!!!! go figure, France!

Back