Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

More help

allan
they are usually repairable , inner track rod ends ie axial ball joints the bit under the gaiter are available from factors QH still list them
or if its the passenger side with movement there is (or used to be )an anti knock bush kit available from renault
hiding in rack behind circlip and washer
to replace you will need to drill 2 holes for self tappersin old bush then with aid of assistant to turn steering wheel slowly if you hold screws with mole grips across rack end the bussh will come out
pretty sure have got bush kit at workshop so can give you part number ,would rather keep bush as MOT man advised slight play on my Yellow Peril

have got racks lying around but early and later cars different and 845 and 1108 different
condition unknown ?

paul

Hi Paul, I do not have a rack to repair, I sold one thinking I had a spare but then found I did not, so need a complete rack. If you can find a GTR rack I would be grateful. I need a 5 air filter too if there is 1 in the barn.
Allan

had a look at my spares garage near me just now unfortunately both racks i have are mk 1 R5
threw some r4 ones away not long ago at the barn as i wrongly thought i had spares at home !!!!!!!
probably still listed in motor factors old stock maybe ? or e bay remembering pinion shaft length different on 1108 to 845
no sign of air filters sorry

not sure 5 rack chassis mount ligns up sure i tried it years ago ?

The pinnion angle of the R5 rack is different (as well as pinnion length). Also I've a feeling it bolts onto the other side of the chassis mounts. Really wouldn't fit a R4.

Back