Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

More "which white?" questions!

RuffianDick

Enthusiast
The rear wings of our 4 have been painted badly with the wrong white - it looks like its been Tipexed! I searched on here for paintcodes but cant find the correct colour code on the inner front wing where suggested, doesnt look like its on the oval plate either, but take a look...

I know the 112C is the engine code, are the others anything to do with the colour? There is a number is the center if you look carefully.

Its a 1988 French LHD by the way.

Any other suggestions on what colour i have - i think i can rule out "Arctic White"!

Cheers Rich

• IMGP2246.JPG
    IMGP2246.JPG
    137.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMGP2251.JPG
    IMGP2251.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 93
The colour code is written on the right hand inner wing, on its front side, just behind the headlight. If it isn't there, the inner wing has been replaced previously or it has been oversprayed, in both cases you should go to the paint shop with your R4 and have the colour matched to it.
Just for reference, "arctic white" code is 355.

The colour code is written on the right hand inner wing, on its front side, just behind the headlight. If it isn't there, the inner wing has been replaced previously or it has been oversprayed, in both cases you should go to the paint shop with your R4 and have the colour matched to it.
Just for reference, "arctic white" code is 355.

ah right, I had a quick look down there, but will have a better look now i know where it should be.

cheers
rich

Could try some of the colours on the German site R4 paint colour chart here: http://www.ingo-heitel.de/lackierungen.htm Yours looks like an off-weiß. So definately not 377.

I'd been planning to look some of those colours up on the paint shop charts to see what they look like. But haven't got around to it yet. If you do go to the paint shop do take a camera. :D

Paint code on the car plate

You will have read all the previous "off white " discussion last year. But I thought you should know that not all paint codes are on the inner wings, I had all original panels and found the code on one of the aluminum plates( the diamond shaped one near the bottom from memory) Just look for a three digit sequence beginning with three! Good Luck, and remember white fades like any other colour on R4s

Are you sure for this Richard? I have never seen the paint number stamped on the plate, nor is it referred anywhere on any Renault manual.

Back