Réparateur d'automobiles

My 4GTL project GGCTON

ggcton

Enthusiast
Here is a progress report on my 4gtl project

028-1.jpg

031.jpg

030.jpg

The rusty bits have been replaced with fresh metal and the car has been repainted in the original colour.

As you can see it is almost ready to take back on the road.
The new R5 carb and manifold have been fitted as has the 123 ignition system
and four new shocks
I still need to find a few clips for the plastic side trims I would have preferred to take them off but the metal on the doors was so thin I thought I would distort the good doors supplied by Pepper as I filled the holes so I took Derk's advice and left them on.
The front bumper and nudge bars are the original grey painted ones rechromed the rear is a NOS from Reims.

Thanks to Steve and Malcolm for advice along the way I expect I will need some more before long.
Gary

one word.....GORGEOUS

what can I say..It looks stunning Gary-Congrats in order!
now I need you to go out there fast as you can and keep us in the loop
how the 123 works for you...
a pic or two showing engine-bay wouldn't come amiss either! -R.

Early indications are that the 123 ignition system is a great sucess however it may well be the Hennessy go faster kit. The car now accelerates very well and is smooth up to 75MPH.
I have not a chance to take the car on a more open road yet but there feels to be plenty of power left.
The 123 kit is however expensive at almost £300 but does replace the whole distributor.
Gary

Looking gorgeous! And to think I've taken out my reverse lights plastic door bumpers and plastic air scoop thingy....was it worth the effort I wonder?

Lovely colour too!

Morning jonathon
Gary has restored about 6 other renaults since 2009 btw
All to same high standards not sure but think this one was sold a while back

Yeah hi guys ....my version of the site seems wonky....I've only got old postings showing up so I thought it was current !

Back