Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My R4 Pickup out of habination

renault4mad

Enthusiast
Its been in a container since early 2003 so i thought it was time for it to be reborn, rolled out loverly onto flatbed truck, one flat tyre in 8 years aint bad...one poor bit is the roof were the aerial is...someone put a rear 4 seat on there out of the way and forgot about the aerial (it is fairly dark in the container) which has now pulled the aerial through :eek: but should be fine..

As you see from the chassias plates its a Teil Hol conversion....

Im going to get it painted in the old 80s Renault service colours to advertise my Renault garage...white top, black stripe...should look great...anyway heres the pictures

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 535
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 539
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 532
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 535
  • Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 534
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 531
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 529
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 555
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 538
It's a beauty, well done. I have not had the pleasure of owning a pickup yet.

all the usual checks and cleaning carb etc, battery charged...new fuel in carb...(via can)...brummmmmm...yippee

Hi John,

never say never....would make a great deposit for a new motorhome :eek:

offers anyone?:!:

I don't think he's serious folks about selling it. I went to Andrews' garage yesterday to have a drool over the pickup, it is a cracker, just a few small jobs to do before it hits the road.:smile:

Hi Brian,
nice to see you again, thanks for the biscuits, sorry i was so busy i couldnt talk for long..steves done a great job on the roof...

i will never say never sell....someone may make a stupid offer

see you in a couple of weeks mate....hope the camper engine swap goes well

cheers

Andrew

some upto date pictures of the resto...
As you can see from the early complete pictures the back had been fibreglassed out but it had started to crack around the top edge. I wasnt happy with it so i ripped off all the fibreglass only to find chipboard under it and the inner wheel arches containing dryed/dust wood and fibreglass patches. Took that off and too my horror they had covered all the original rusty floor pan and inner wheel arches with all that. :mad::eek:.
Well i did have a panic thinking the chassias would have gone but after removing it all i found the chassias was perfect...not a mark on it.

This pickup was sold to a lady in 1999 for £3000 with all this covered up...shocking:eek:

Now the task of finding replacement panels for the rear end. Facebook the saviour...joined lots of 4 sites and asked around and after a day or so a chap contacted me from the 4-5-6-7 club in spain and told me about a company called 2CA (Concept Composites Auvergne) in Arlanc France. I emailed them and had a reply containing a catalog and price list for all the panels on the pickup.. AND they had them all in stock...:p wow...easy as that...
When Teilhol went bust in the 90s..they bought the stock..presses etc for the rodeos etc.

They done me a quote for the parts required including postage and VAT. (Great) 1261.00 EUROS delivered..:eek: 385 postage..206 vat was included in that mind.. so they will arrive next month when i sort out the money...
worth it i think...
thats enough of my waffling on...hope you like the pictures

• REAR AXLE BEFORE.jpg
    REAR AXLE BEFORE.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 315
  • Picture 150.jpg
    Picture 150.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 316
  • BULKHEAD.jpg
    BULKHEAD.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 322
  • BARE 2.jpg
    BARE 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 312
  • CHASSIAS BLACK 1.jpg
    CHASSIAS BLACK 1.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 318
  • piller work.jpg
    piller work.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 315
  • AXLE.jpg
    AXLE.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 319
I seem to remember I said something about just a few small jobs to do before the pick-up hits the road. Reckon that might have been the "kiss of death". I think I owe you some help if you need it pal!:smile:

Back plates and drums sand blasted...new wheel cylindes and shoes plus spring kits plus new wheel bearings to go in....

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 266
  • Picture 016.jpg
    Picture 016.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 270
  • Picture 027.jpg
    Picture 027.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Picture 028.jpg
    Picture 028.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 261
Engine out, inner wings off

if your gonna do job, then you got to do it properly:eek:

• BULKHEAD1.jpg
    BULKHEAD1.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 218
Excllent, glad to see this coming along so well, I reckon you need to get a tent and come to Thenay next year.

You were missed matey!

Thankyou...
Tent :eek: . maybe i could get one of those tents you see on top of landrovers and fit it in the butt..

would have loved to come but we priced it around 1500.00 as all 3 of us would have to come which means 3 passport updates and i have had to gone for 2 weeks and whatever i would lose in the garage. Def next time....

Back