Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

My Renault (Ian Stanbury take note!!)

timinder

Enthusiast
Well, finally the necessary planets have aligned themselves and I remembered to take a photo or two of the poor thing!

Happily for me, but not so for the poor 4, I am imminently going to be a father, and gazing into my crystal ball, I can forsee that the Renault will be rather overlooked for ooh the next 18 odd years until my parental responsibilites subside a little :)

I have managed to acquire some new wings and other bits and bobs, so I may be able to nip outside between feeds and do a bit here and there...
DSC_0001.jpg

here she is in all her glory. No, I'm not going to put the Wolfie on her, that's off the Scimitar!
DSC_0002.jpg

This is the wing/bonnet joint (ha!)
DSC_0003.jpg

this is the rear wing (yes, I think it's magnolia emulsion as well!) - the flange has disappeared so it flaps rather attractively as you drive along!
DSC_0004.jpg

This is where some metal used to live just behind the front wheel!!

The roof is dented where a rack was fitted, the bottom edge of the boot is knackered and there is plenty of patching inside the rear wheel arches and elsewhere. the front seats are from a Rover (I think) and the doors are a bit dented. I think the head gasket has a bit of a leak (or no antifreeze) as the coolant is a nice rusty colour, but she did the 120 odd miles from London to Norfolk without missing a beat and I got up over 80 mph (GPS verified - obviously not on the public highway ;) ) before I ran out of courage/stupidity!

well your very brave Tim
1 -- buying it
2 --driving it home
3 --thinking about restoration

congrats on the family front , my 18yr old son is now MIG proficient but fear you may need a bigger rubbish bin to sweep the remains of your 4 in to if you wait too long :eek:

ps still got the 3 stud wolfies but guess ill keep them a little while longer :D

Back