Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Need a light switch for my Renault 4 1974 model year

Orjan

Enthusiast
Need a light switch for my Renault 4 1974 model year with 12v electrical system, it'll be the one with two levers on the left side of the steering column.
The short stick is to turn on and off the lights and with the long lever you select marker lights and beam mode.
The long lever activates also the horn by pushing the lever inwards.

If you have such a light switch for sale please send me a pm or mail me at osjogren@yahoo.se

If it has no levers, it's OK because i can use them from my broken light switch.

Do not know if it matters but my car is a LHD, guess it's the same light switch on both LHD and RHD cars.

Regards Örjan Sjögren.:)

Last edited:
I am really in need of a light switch so all of you who have R4 parts, please check if you have one of these laying around somewhere.

Örjan.

Hello Orjan, I have three of them,functioning perfectly, but all have one of the mounting ears broken (very common on these switches). It is not impossible to bolt it on the instrument panel,you will just need to become a little creative with the missing ear. Is it OK?

Hello Angel, It's the same problem with my switch, it has a broken mounting ear.
If i cant get my hands on a switch with all mounting ears I'll probably try to fix it by making a new mount in some way.

Regards Örjan.:)

Back