Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

Need help with rim/wheel identification...

DavidN

Enthusiast
Hi there,

my recently bought R4 F6 came with 5 different sorts of wheels, 13 wheels in total. :mrgreen:
Fortunately I was able to get one matching set together.

There are 2 rims mounted that have a different "rim offset /wheel offset" (?) than the others.
These 2 wheels are 5mm wider per side than the other rims I have.
The rim itself has the same with/dimensions it's just the offset that is different.
(Sorry for that complicated explanation. As I'm no native speaker I'm not very used to these special "vocabularies".)

I would like to add 2 of these rims to gain 10 mm width per axle.
(Must look a touch nicer than the original wheels mounted.)

Here's a picture of the rim:

Rim.jpg

Could anybody help with identification or has someone by chance 2 of these rims for sale?

Thanks a lot!

David

Hi David! I have 5 of these laying around ..I think the plastic centerpiece is thre too..
BUT- they are in Norwegen-If you come up here next year you could pick them up for a bottle of schnapps.They sat on my other F4 -84mod.. -R.

That would be a Renault 5 Mk1 rim. They fit but our Renault dealer in Luxembourg told us it should not be used with tubeless tires. No idea why but you might get a similar reaction in Germany. These would not have been on your car as it came out of the factory. However, today I saw a R4 F6 with GTL rims and I have to say it looks nice.

Also used on the Jogging and TL Savanne models.

That would be a Renault 5 Mk1 rim...

That's what I thought.
Thank you for that info!

Hi David! I have 5 of these laying around ..I think the plastic centerpiece is thre too..
BUT- they are in Norwegen-If you come up here next year you could pick them up for a bottle of schnapps.They sat on my other F4 -84mod.. -R.

Hi,

That's a nice offer, thank you, I really appreciate it !!!
Unfortunately I don't think that I will make it ever to Norway. :rolleyes:
(I'm more in the warmer parts of the world and as an enthusiastic waterskier I spent most of my vacations in Florida. :smile:)

And 5 Wheels are definitely more than I need.
I would just need 2 additional rims.
If you could spare 2 of your 5, which I doubt though, maybe we could arrange something including shipping?
If you would take off the tyre and send me just the rims they should fit in one package/box and the shipping cost shouldn't be too high.

But don't worry, I fully understand if you couldn't spent 2 wheels of your complete set.

All the best!

David

P.S.
Great forum!

;) If you're interested I could ask to my favourite scrapyard how much will cost two rims like that, I think they won't be very expensive.

Back