Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New on eBay

Couple more of interest. There's a 1970 car for restoration sitting at 99p, and in France a Super in need of a lot of restoration starting at an optimistic 1000 euros.

R4 1970 White

I've got to admit to being a little pleased with myself ,having just bought the 1970 R4 on ebay recently. It will be well cared for and hopefully put in an appearance on the yearly run one day. Yes I'll have those lovely 6 Volt eletrics to suffer ,but the wide steering wheel and chrome grill will help me through. I'm now up to three so I'm getting a little worried I may have caught the same disease as some of the peers on this forum. Is it a terminal disease or is there treatment available with a realistic chance of a cure!

The one that got away!

Well done!
Was it the one that ended today?
I was really tempted to bid on it, but I have a Scimitar to finish and sell before I have room for another project (anyone? :))- £180 WAS tempting though!! - I have to tell myself that real reason there was only one photo of the outside was because the rest was hideous :eek:

I've got to admit to being a little pleased with myself, having just bought the 1970 R4 on ebay recently.

I'm now up to three so I'm getting a little worried I may have caught the same disease as some of the peers on this forum. Is it a terminal disease or is there treatment available with a realistic chance of a cure!
Congratulations! There is absolutely no cure for R4 collectors' disease (RFCD) I'm afraid. Looks like you've got it bad! :eek:

A more advanced form of the disease is 'furrytoyitis'. I'm reliably informed that Chris Litchfield has contracted this and will shortly post pictures of Reg the blue R4 and his cuddly dog Dudley. Watch this space.

The cure for myself would be a fourth R4 (3-speed preferrably).
Or would it be a recurrence?

Back