Clementine's Garage
Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New owner to be

MichaelAC

Hi, I've just joined up because I need to understand more about the car I have chosen to be my 'fun' car. I'm a car enthusiast and love performance cars but also, classics from modern to old.

I couldn't tell you why but I love the Renault 4 and its not too expensive either so a great way to take the leap into the older rust prone cars that you can see and reach all of the engine parts to easily work on myself.

So, I don't have the car yet but am here to start the journey and will continue it here when I do own one. First I want to understand which model may be best for me and what I need to look out for when I buy. I've read the buying guide on here and that is great, I'm sensing that the structure may be the weak point on these but I guess that's the same with most cars over 20 years old.

Forgive me asking questions, but I hope to learn enough here to help me buy the right car, run it and then help others with their ownership too.

Hello @MichaelAC

My other car is modern (ish) / performance but I love my R4 just as much. I hope you find the one right for you soon, they’re great and an absolute steal for now.

Much wisdom is contained in these pages and the originators (not me!) still here and always helpful :)

Best wishes, Simon.

Hi, thanks for your replies, it's good to find that there's a good community here too. I look forward to joining you all and recounting my tails of ownership. In particular, my intention to drive to Slovenia in it when I get it. I've just been there on holiday and the roads would be fantastic for it.

And yes, if you're a HubNut fan you'll know that he drove his 2CV there so partially inspired by that too - see this

Hi, I've just joined up because I need to understand more about the car I have chosen to be my 'fun' car. I'm a car enthusiast and love performance cars but also, classics from modern to old.

I couldn't tell you why but I love the Renault 4 and its not too expensive either so a great way to take the leap into the older rust prone cars that you can see and reach all of the engine parts to easily work on myself.

So, I don't have the car yet but am here to start the journey and will continue it here when I do own one. First I want to understand which model may be best for me and what I need to look out for when I buy. I've read the buying guide on here and that is great, I'm sensing that the structure may be the weak point on these but I guess that's the same with most cars over 20 years old.

Forgive me asking questions, but I hope to learn enough here to help me buy the right car, run it and then help others with their ownership too.
Welcome ..... you've arrived at the right place !!
N.

Back