Clementine the Cat

Image of flower
Yellow R4

Réparateur d'automobiles

New Project Aquired: Hi all and Parts Wanted List

Charliemouse

Garagiste
Hi all,

I just bought a Dordogne Registered 1976 White R2109 782cc Van.

Im going to be keeping it in "Farm Spec" - ie not concours - but it will be getting painted, undersealed, tidied up and made mechanically A1. It will then be driven from Bradford back to the Dordogne - about 1250km. That should be an adventure then!

It needs the following parts if anybody can help:

Master cylinder (Andrew Page apparently have 1 in the UK - by Thursday I'll know if it fits. Its a drum break van so not UK spec I dont think. We'll see...

Front Bumper. Grey painted by preference. Starting Handle hole a bonus!

Over-riders for above.

Hub caps + bolts x4 (I know... what can I say - I'm an optimist)

Wing mirrors - the ones fitted are foxed to death!

Roof bars - shes going to get used!

Starting handle? (Missing!)

Some seats - preferably nicer than the ones ive got now! Back seat for the van would be great!

Boss for an after market wheel - or at least info like a part number?

Anything else considered - I like to have spares. If you have something please let me know.

Regards

Charliemouse

Hi and welcome. And do post some photos of your car.

Lots of bits there - for some of them (master cylinder and mirrors especially) I'd look at Der Franzose (Germany) or Melun Retro Passion (France) for new parts. Links for them and other possibles on http://www.renault4.co.uk/buying-R4s.htm

Hub caps should be available from them. If not I have some horrible '62 reproductions (not the nice flat ones but with what looks like a wire wheel spinner pressed in).

Might be able to do a line on seats too - choice of beige cloth ones from a Spanish car, painted black ones from a mid '70s car that have settled a bit, GTL ones that have settled a lot, or even really early bench seats that have only really failed where the driver sits. I'll not post them.

Thanks Malcolm,

I just ordered the Master Cylinder from eBay. Hope its right - part number different but it looks right and has correct bore. Don't ask about the Renault dealers we normally deal with, or Andrew Page, or the 2 local factors... The Renault parts Dept. (yup - every man jack of 'em) had never heard of a Renault 4 - bless! And Renault still supports the model you say?

Hope to get it rolling and stopping with the BMC. Woolies trim (a kit and classic trim supplier we use) seem to have channel and sponge that will re-seal the car when its been painted. I bent the bumper back straight today -dash of filler and grey 2-pack and it will look like new.

I'll speak to a trimmer I use about the seats I have and let you know if thats OK - unless someone has some nice ones ready to go?

Still after any parts for a R2109 for stock if anyone can oblige.

Will post pics when I can take some - at the moment I only have the ones from eBay.

Thanks for the welcome.

Nik

I have described my local Renault dealer as "aggressively unhelpful" on this forum. If you need anything from Renault then Lifestyle Renault in Tumbridge Wells will do mail order. Renault support (at a price) but many UK dealers don't.

For door seals contact Angel on this forum. Worth a search on here for such things for background, but his are the best. Woolies didn't have anything close when I tried them.

Go on - post some pics!

Pics

Right right... always do what the forum owner says...

Pics of 'Oribble lil van on the albums page...

It WILL get better...

Where are my parts you lot?

Nik

I can help you with your last need...the steering wheel boss. I have one with a pretty standard six hole mounting, if you alrady have a steering wheel I can measure the PCD of the holes.
I also have a starting handle (though on the '76 model it is not actually needed to start the engine, so it's the short type).

Angel,

PM me with the price of the boss delivered to the uk please? I'll take it if it's within budget - I have steering wheels in both PCD'ds in stock!

Thanks

Nik

Back